Checking in

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Sorry all - it has been crazy - to the point I haven't even had time to log on lately.

I started a new home business for my soaps - SLR Naturals and Necessities (www.SLRNaturalsandNecessities and also a facebook fan page) and am also starting a new fan page - Shop Swap where on certain dates/times I will have people send me links of their items that they would like to post and have other people "bid" on what they will give them in exchange for it. This is going to work great for home businesses or small crafters!

So besides that - I am finishing finals this week, think I have MOST of the herd bred (sent in 10 pregnancy tests for results on Friday) and then just plugging away ...

OH and I am working on getting a new critter to the farm ...... but not telling on that one YET!!!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Been keeping up with the soap business on FB - hope it keeps going well for you. Will you be trying to get it into local places of business to sell?

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison...I have to say that you are doing an AMAZING job with the soap. Don't wear yourself too thin though with everything you have going on ATM :hug:

How many hours are in your day? :laugh: Not enough, right?

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Sounds like your doing great...I love hearing that..... :hi5: :thumb: :thumbup:

5. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    :thumbup: You go girl.....wish I had your energy!

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    haha - I LOVE soaping - it is my relaxation - but then again - I do believe that it will drastically slow down after the holidays. I have contracted to carry molds, stamps, and some other fun things that I am getting in slowly .... now looking for a place to contract for oils and fragrances. It really gives me something to do that is not "hard" but allows me to play around a bit and not get bored.

Stacey, yes, Yes, and YES - I have had offers in southern WA and in MT, along with locals - that have asked about putting my soaps in their stores - but I just am not sure yet if I really want to go that far and if it becomes demanding or needing more than I can do with school, full time work, and the farm. However, after the first of the year, I am going to go to the little guest houses in my town and proposition them to purchase the soaps for their guest bathrooms.... I think it will be amazing. These are houses that the rich rent out for a few days or week and they usually only have 3-8 rooms in each. So not to bad.

I have lots of ideas - but I have to keep it somewhat under control

OH and in case anyone is curious - The Cowboy Rowdy Soaps have collected 382.50 in sales so far - with more checks coming in for soaps ordered!!!! This is wonderful! Thank you to those who helped from TGS! I do have 40+ soaps still left if you would like to support. The Smallwoods have sent up a foundation for Rowdy and all he money is going to help other young children who have been injured in farm accidents. God Bless Them!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats Allison ...sounds great.... :hi5: :thumb: :leap: :cool:

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Allison, I have been keeping up on your facebook and your soaps. You must be the crazy soap lady.

By the way your soap is WONDERFUL

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I agree!! The Almond Biscotti coffee bean soap takes away not only that bucky perfume but the smell of raw onions too :wink:

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so glad you ladies like the soaps!!! I have the almond biscotti in my bathrooms also for "de-bucking" and a piece in the kitchen for when cutting onions, peppers and fish!

I will be soaping all weekend!!! And during my break from work for the holidays - can't wait!!

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well - we tested 10 girls for pregnancy last week and 5 came back bred :-( guess that's better than none, right. I know part of it is my fault - I have been busy busy and not paying as much as I should be. But here we are for poitive blood pregs -

Proctor Hill Ferarri x Proctor Hill BO TeKillYa
    Lost Valley KW Veronica x Proctor Hill BO TeKillYa
    Megan Mini Hazel x Proctor Hill BO TeKillYa
    Aurora Farms Pudding x J-Nels Donnie
    Dragonfly Farms Wicked x J-Nels Donnie

We have more testing to do at the first of the year and more girls in the breeding pens now. Hopefully we can get breedings wrapped up here within the next month (HATE late babies!!!!)

12. Oat Bucket Farm

Oat Bucket Farm New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Well I've been keeping up with you on IM, lol. I am glad your soap business is taking off. I can't wait to try my hand at soaping in the spring.

Oh, the scents Relaxing and Dragon's Blood both remove buck in rutt,garlic,and onion smells.