The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a day to ultrasound the goats! I made a plan to check them and get good pictures of them on the stand lol the picture part back fired since most have never been on a stand before and were fighting it so look absolutely stupid! Most are also too far along to get a accurate count but by gosh I made this plan and I’m sticking too it :p
So I thought I would share my findings. I only counted what I physically able to see, so there might be more hidden in there. We will see in 2 1/2+ months. I didn’t get everyone done but here are the ones I did get.
Working animal Terrestrial animal Snout Livestock Tail

Domino 2+
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Table

Carmella 2+
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

Star fire, I saw two and I’m 90% sure I saw a third head pop in for a sec.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Fawn

Cinderella 2+
Goat Collar Terrestrial animal Pet supply Dog breed

Black out 1+
Dog Dog breed Working animal Carnivore Collar

Jackie 1+ I’m not going to lie after catching her and getting her on the stand I was really hoping she was open so I could sell her lol
Sculpture Working animal Wood Pet supply Fawn

Keeper 2+
Goat Working animal Pet supply Fawn Terrestrial animal

My beautiful Citori who I made lol (My first successful AI) 2+
Working animal Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Tail

Barbie 1+
Vertebrate Dog breed Working animal Dog Pet supply

Godiva 1+

·
Super Moderator
14,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys! They would have been prettier if they were not fighting so much! I saved a few videos of the babies but I’m not sure I can get still shots that makes sense lol videos are so much easier to make things out.
It’s been a weird year on breeding. They didn’t cycle until the first of August and of course everyone came into heat at once. The next cycle only 2 came into heat. I was really proud of the boys they could settle that many at once. But then the first of October I had a handful come back into heat. No idea what’s going on there but it will make for a long kidding!

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
6,194 Posts
Awww Im Excited for you! You will be busy, but it is always sooooo much fun to see those little ones hit the ground! Get that lamb bar ready. And those camara/phone shots ready! We are all waiting to see what spots you get this year!

·
Super Moderator
14,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know! I might have more then this, probably do, but as long as I don’t have less then what I am seeing I think that will be a win lol I’ll get a picture of what I’m seeing to try and explain it better. Those cotyledons just take over the screen so I’m basically looking for something that moves and gives away what part of the body. Most of the multiples are pretty easy though. 2 heads or a head way over there and a rib cage way over there. This morning on Bootsie it was 3 perfect heads just right there.
:sigh: yes I’m afraid I just might need the lamb bar. I just hope the jersey cow really is going to have her calf in January. Maybe I need to get her in and check her too lol
And thank you toth!
I got everyone done. I have 9 I need to recheck in a few weeks. They might not be far enough along yet (sure hope they are not open!) and 10 that I will have to check after the middle of November. They were the handful that came into heat later and I’m excited about those because my new guy bred them! I held him back because his DNA didn’t match, long story short his grandpa on paper is really his daddy.
Anyways here are my findings today
Goat Fawn Terrestrial animal Goat-antelope Snout

Bella 2+
Dog Dog breed Working animal Pet supply Carnivore

First timer Siren 2 (I think just 2 they were pretty easy to spot)
Dog Dog breed Window Carnivore Pet supply

Tempest 3+
And I wasn’t with it this morning so forgot to get pictures but
Dog breed Working animal Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout

Bootsie 3+
Working animal Dog breed Plant Goat Fawn

And missy 1+

·
Super Moderator
14,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I live off Mountain Dew and Reese’s lol actually it’s not too terrible. I know it’s coming, I do a mass shopping, tell my dad I can’t be his side kick with the cows for awhile and take naps when I can. Sometimes I debate on shower or nap my daughter is homeschooled now and I will admit she is a HUGE help! Last year at one point I had 3 does kidding at the same time, like pushing and kids were coming. The one doe had just the front feet so I was working on her and she took care of making sure the other does got the kids out and cleaned their noses. I just need her to get in there and reposition kids more then she can take over for me lol

·
Super Moderator
14,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I sure can’t wait either! It’s usually about this time I start getting antsy about it. The last month is usually the worse!
So just for fun this is what I mean by hard to get a count. It’s so much easier to make this out in a video but you can see all the cotyledons every place. Here is the picture
Light Font Gadget Computer keyboard Tints and shades

And here’s the same picture just the red circles are the cotyledons and the large yellow circle is a head, the small one is a foot. In case you haven’t noticed doing this is one of my new favorite things to do lol
Human body Font Sleeve Technology Electronic device

1 - 20 of 36 Posts