The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is Chenille from today. She is due the 29th which is 150 but I do not believe she will be able to make it that long. She is huge!! Poor thing her belly almost touches the ground haha. Her ligs are loosening too!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Re: Chenille day 137. **PICS**

I think she'll make it, her udder will get a lot bigger before she kids. She looks good though so far!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Chenille day 137. **PICS**

I ment I think she will go more towards the 145th day. I was going to ask Carol when she kidded last time but I totally forgot, with all the show excitement and such!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Chenille day 141!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **PICS**

Her ligs are lower and softer, her udder is a bit more full as well. Babies sooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stars:

·
Registered
108 Posts

lol i agree she does look like a blimp :ROFL:

poor girl... i think she'll have them before day 150.
hope you get :girl: :girl: :girl: 2.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks!!! I sure hope I get lots of PINK!! I need to take some more photos. It appears as though her kids have "dropped".

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

And her ligs were lower tonight as well. I know she still has quite a bit to fill in still!!!! I am getting so excited for babies!!! As I am sure you are too! Being as your does are due in less than a week now!

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts

hehe yup!

now that it is officially Monday morning I can say that it is day 140 for my first girls :D

And everyone is bang bang bang and bang after them ;)

Destiny reaches day 140 a day before the two girls reach 145 and Misty reaches 140 2 days before Destiny reaches 145........Flicka is due somewhere in there and Mia could be due the same day as Destiny OR May 24th

·
Registered
326 Posts

Hopefully she will have triplet girls again :) Hoping she kids smoothly for you- and her udder is looking very nice.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

Wow, looks like you'll have some babies on the ground before to much longer. I am hoping you get atleast one doe kid:). I have the easy part of just bringing home the kids that have already been born:). I will be bringing my last doe kid of the year(unless I find another one for a good deal), in a few weeks at our first goat show of the year:). I'm still pondering on adding another buck to the herd-even though i'm pretty sure I probably don't need another one:).

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I sure hope so!!! I am getting sooo excited! My kidding kit is organized and ready to go =) Her ligs are steadily dropping.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts

Muddy Creek Farm said:
I sure hope so!!! I am getting sooo excited! My kidding kit is organized and ready to go =) Her ligs are steadily dropping.
me too!! I got it out and I checked everything even showed my brother where everything was. I have towels in there and extra ones too (always need more towels).

the only thing I need to add that I just remembered is scissors and string to tie off the cord. Never had to do that except for last year.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Chenille day 142!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **PICS**

Oh yes towels, towels and more towels!!! I don;t know if it makes me weird but I almost always tie off the cords, I guess they just make me nervous!

·
Registered
4,251 Posts

I hardly tie off the cords, I only do it if the mom bites it off or if it is really long. Otherwise I just do iodine.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

See that is the thing! They are always too long or the moms are soooo into biting on them :hair:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts