The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cherry kidded today.

One did not make it :(

The other is a little girl. Our last seven babies have been white, so I am over the moon with her pretty little features. She has a bit of a dirty face in the photo I am attaching.

I was going to move the deceased kid but I have not as yet. Normally I am okay with this kind of thing, but today I feel like I could be sick :sick:

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful new arrival. Such a cutey. I am sorry for the one you lost.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats! She's beautiful! I'm sorry for your loss though, do you have anyone else that can move the other kid? You should get it out ASAP before it gives something unwanted to mama or the baby. Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. My partner came home to help me with the other kid, thankfully.

Since this post two more kids have been born (different mothers) so we are pretty worn out! I was expecting one but the other was very much a surprise baby.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Aww! Sorry you lost one. Her remaining baby is cute though! Cherry is beautiful too! :D

·
Registered
856 Posts
Was it the first one or second one out that died just curious . Well at least u know that one will get plenty of milk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was it the first one or second one out that died just curious . Well at least u know that one will get plenty of milk
I'm not sure to be honest :( I'd estimate I missed the birth by an hour or so - so the first I saw of it was the dead kid. Took me a few moments to notice the live one. Kicking myself that I missed it.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Aww how bittersweet :eek: Very sorry about the dead kid, but the doeling is so little and precious :love: That picture of her and the (llamas? alpacas?) is adorable!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She is soooo cute...

However, she's having watery yellow scours. Going to check if it's continuing shortly and see what I can do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts