Chickadee and Sparrow-- surprise kidding! :)

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by Firestone Creek Farm, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Well, after we got home from my son's T-ball tournament yesterday evening, I heard kids crying and dashed into the barn to find 5 new babies. :kidblue: :kidblue: :kidblue: :kidred: :kidred: :) Sparrow is Chickadee's daughter, and apparently both Sparrow and Chickadee decided to kid at the same time!!!! They weren't even due (at least by my calendar) for another week. I am assuming the triplets (2 does and a buck) belong to Sparrow since she is a FF and they are so tiny. She would have been due several days after her mom. Chickadee had 2 gorgeous bucklings! CH Rosasharn Uproar +*S is the proud daddy of all of the babies. :) The one buckling out of Chick looks just like Up. And both mom's udders look FABULOUS. For a FF, it looks like Sparrow is going to have great capacity, which I am thrilled about since I am going on milk test with her this winter, etc.

I will get pics later and add them! :)

PS one of the triplets has wattles and apparently a wattle cyst, which I had never even heard of until now. It's just a clear liquid filled bubble to the side of a wattle. :ponder: Will that resorb or do I need to drain it?

2. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    Don;t know about wattles... but OMG, how exciting!

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Wow!! Congrats on all the babies! And two girls! That is awesome! Can't wait for pics!!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Not sure on the wattle thing..... but a big congrats... on the new babies.... :greengrin: :thumb:

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awesome that they delivered with no problems! Congrats on all those kiddo's and can't wait to see them!

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    YAH!!! Congrats!!!!

I had a doe that gets that cyst. I just poke it, drain it, and go about my business....it does fill back up periodically - but it is fine :)

7. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    wow! what a fun surprise to come home to! that's so neat mother & daughter kidded together. can't wait to see your pics! :)

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    AW! can't wait for pics

9. melb1

melb1 New Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Congrats. What a great surprise!

10. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Wow Congrats!!! So do both the mamas accept all the kids, or do they only take up to their own? Just curious :)
    Can't wait for pics!

11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    usually does willl only nurse their own kids, I've never had a doe accept others, (well there was one time I grafted a nubian to a boer doe, took 2 weeks)

12. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

How exciting! :clap: I like your does' names! :)