The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen something like this on their chickens? It's hard, has been there for a couple months, gotten a little bigger. I picked her up yesterday and pressed on it - I read someone had a seed or something that caused a growth and they were able to press and it came out. Didn't want to press too hard on her. She walks fine, but it can't be great to have on there.

Vertebrate Wood Natural material Fawn Hardwood

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I think I just found that one. I had this idea that it had to be on the bottom of the foot. Dang it. But at least hopefully we can get it treated. I'll call around tomorrow and see if a local vet will look at her. Seems like once you get whatever is in there out and get rid of any infection, it clears up quickly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had a duck with bumblefoot. instead of cutting open the foot, removing the infected tissue and treating daily until it healed, here's what I did which worked and didn't leave an open wound.

I took a needle and injected about 2 cc's of Penicillin G into the wound every day. It healed in about a week. Give it a try, if it doesn't heal you can still always take her to the vet, but this was a cheap easy way to heal it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts