The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 10 little cuties in my spare room. They are 5 Barred Rocks and 5 Buff Orpingtons. I'm planning on put the boys in the freezer and keeping the girls.

I'm gonna need a chicken tractor.
Any ideas?!! Pics of your chicken tractor.

I'm thinking I'll have about $50 to put into it.
The cheaper the better. I'm not sure how many girls I'll end up with, but I prob won't keep more than 4. So a small tractor will work.

·
2,203 Posts
I've got 10 little cuties in my spare room. They are 5 Barred Rocks and 5 Buff Orpingtons. I'm planning on put the boys in the freezer and keeping the girls.

I'm gonna need a chicken tractor.
Any ideas?!! Pics of your chicken tractor.

I'm thinking I'll have about $50 to put into it.
The cheaper the better. I'm not sure how many girls I'll end up with, but I prob won't keep more than 4. So a small tractor will work.
Best thing for you would be an old dog house off of Craigslist. Assemble wheels on the sides, and attach 1x1 with chicken wire around the perimeter. A few chickens don't need much space. We do this for small breeding pairs.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
I used pvc pipe and chicken wire and cable ties. I made a 2 foot tall, 5 feet wide and 10 foot long cage. I drag it around with my baby chicks in it on the lawn. I have a tarp over half to keep shade and rain off them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts