Chickens and Ducks OH MY

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Coraxfeather, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Do not ask me the breed. I hm half asleep typen this out. Yesturday we got our little ones horns burn and because how big of a worry wort I am I have been in and out of the garage where they are kept until they get big enough to go to the barn, We just got I think Comment or something along that line and I can nto remember right now what the ducks are. I will have pictures up soon. You woudl not believe how people love to pet chicken and ducks. My Road Island red BBQ use to be the hit of the zoo but she is older now and going to become a layer for us. Pics soon.

2. empera

empera New Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Seriously! I wish I had chickens/ducks introduced into my life earlier than just 8 months ago. They are great pets that give you an awesome warm tasty gift every morning. :D

I'll be waiting for pics!

3. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    :sigh: Pics will be comen. They are on the puter that is in th shop. My only access right now is at my work and the animals outside is taken a lot of time. I will ahve even a few more pics of them. I think my boss said the chickens where commets and the ducks are mallards. We have had them for two weeks now and they are grown like weeds. Already had to switch them into a larger pen for both of them. We are building a chicken coop for the ones that we are not usen in the petting zoo. Freash eggs YUMMIE. The ducks we are not usen are going out in the pond we have. Building them a pen to put them in at night because there is coyotes and a pack of dogs running around the place. Already had one of our ponies deliever a red bag because of the dogs. They chased her all over one night and stressed her out.

4. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    My folks just got some rhode island reds, some bantams and another variety of chicken yesterday-so we should have eggs coming out our ears by the time they are old enough to start laying eggs.