Chiefs Teeth

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by liz, Oct 29, 2007.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I noticed this as my lovey little buck was acting bucky. His teeth have brown stains on them...real low around the gumline and in between...of course since I saw this..they are his bottom front. Now, none of my other goats have this...Bootsie is the oldest at 7 years and hers have a light colored stain...but not like Chiefs. They all get the same to eat and it didn't go away after he had a drink so what could cause this? He is 7 1/2 months old.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I don't want to sound gross but could it be from him peeing on himself? I have heard of bucks tasting their pee. BLECK

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You are right there....it is really gross but this is even "grosser" he actually will get his entire PP in his mouth as he sprays!!! I just never figured on that being a cause ...Hank will "taste" too and he has "pearly" whites!! Maybe I have a little "wierdo" on my hands? :oops:

4. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    I couldent help but giggle at this post lol. Reminds me so much of my bucks lol. How we talk about it is soo funny, we try to be as adult as posible. well i know some of my bucks have stains and some dont, guess it dpends on who flosses and who dosent lol. Ok now seriosuly I am not sure why some have stains and others dont, even some of my does are like that. not sure!

5. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    Wow. lol.

My bucks aren't that bucky thank goodness

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Was just wondering about the stains...I guess some do and some don't ..and yep..it is funny to see how we mature adults talk about our boys...glad I made ya laugh!! :p It's even funnier when you have a young buck blubbering in a baby bucky voice then hear the "man" do the same thing...what a difference...but it's funny just the same.