Chili Pepper has laryngitis HELP

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by leslie0815, Dec 6, 2007.

1. leslie0815

leslie0815 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Georgia
    [My nubian Chili Pepper seems to have laryngitis when you tries to baaaaa it sounds very froggy like. What should I do for her ?
    Everything else is normal eating and pooping. New to goats...sure glad I found ya'll.
    Thanks Leslie
    [/size]

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    How old is she? Did you just recently get her? Has she been yelling alot?

Whenever we get new goats, or have goats that are in heat and yelling 24/7, they will start to lose their voices and sound 'froggy' If that is the case, there is nothing to worry about.

Sorry, I'm half sick here so my brain is locked, but laryngitis, does she have any snotty noses or labored breathing accompanied by her loss of voice?

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

LOl this could be just a case of nubian syndrome (sometimes lamanchas contract it too) Sometimes they just scream themselves hoarse. We used to have a lamancha doe that would stand on top of her rock and scream at the house until she was hoarse.
    beth

4. leslie0815

leslie0815 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Georgia
    re: laryngitis

I gott her around the first of July and she was about 3 months old they said. She was weened and eating feed good. And yes she has been yelling like crazy...lol, my little buck was a bottle baby I got the first of August...as my grandkids siad at Thanksgiving Little Bubba (my buck) is trying to get piggy back rides from all my little girls. So needless to say he is trying . So Chili must have laryngitis from all the yelling, she was loud all the time. I guess once I go through a few kiddings I will learn a little more. Like I said I am new to this and have learned alot from trial and error. Thanks for your help.
    Leslie

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds like she maybe in heat and calling to the buck (wether there is one around or not) is causing her to get hoars.

But if you notice any other things going "off" with her you want to be watching out for pneumonia.

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Ditto what Stacey said, watch for if she's off, but it just sounds like she's screamed herself hoarse.

7. eliya

eliya New Member

Yep, we have a buck that does that all the time. He rarely HAS a voice to use he 'talks' so much. He sounds quite funny with his pathetic little "maa" It really doesn't sound like that could come from that big buck :lol: