The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So China (FF) is showing WONDERFUL progress on kidding out for me. Blanca (Seasoned Veteran) is not so much.

China's ligs felt completely gone this morning, no dischange, seems fine - eating well but not as "fast" as she usually is!

Blanca's ligs are loosening, her udder has filled a little, but no noticeable changes (I think she is going to pull a sneak attach kidding!)

Anyway,

Here is China's udder on July 3rd, July 26th (Sat) and then today!

July3

July 26th (Saturday)

July 28th - 7 am (Today)

What do you all think??? I think they might very well be born when I am here at work. I will be home in 11 hours. It would be cool if they were born today - as today is my oldest daughter's birthday!!!! She will be 12.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Re: China and Blanca Day 146

Allison, your daughter might just get a couple 4 legged birthday gifts! She's looking very swollen and she has filled a great deal...I'll say twins if not tonight very early in the morning.

:birthday: to your daughter!!

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thank you Liz - I see a possible LONG night ahead of me. I am pulling her kid/s for bottle babies.

How does her udder look for a FF?

I think there is only a single in there -but she might surprise me!!!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

I think she could very well kid today or tonight as well. She has definitely filled in a lot. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts

Her udder looks very good as far as capacity, she does look to need a stronger medial, though depending on the bucks dams udder, any doelings she has would benefit from strong udders in the sires background. :greengrin:

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Ok - just got home from work - 11 hours post the previous udder pic from today. No babies on the ground - but going to the barn now to check on her!! Will give you an update and pics. She looked a little posty when we pulled in the driveway - but that could be just me wishing :)

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts

Well, with "my time" being almost 9:30 she still has a few hours to have them on your DD birthday! Hope you can get another pic...especially if she's gone posty her hocks will look parallel to her elbows.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Ok - so she isn't real posty - but she is discharging. It is a thick white / yellow creamy discharge (chloe's was clear) - is that normal? You will be able to see it in the pic. I clean up the cha cha after the pic so that I will be able to watch it better. She is real "B^&%" tonight. Eating, but stand-ofish. I felt the baby up in front of the udder.

Here are the pics from tonight. I will check on her before bed at about 9-10 (it is 7 right now) and that will tell me if I am pulling night duty or not. I am not to worried - I can always pull the baby when I wake up! I am just worried as she is a FF.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well - they are here. Wow - she went fast for a FF!!!

I got up about 12ish and thought about checking in her, but didn't. Got up at 1 - was out in the barn by 1:05 am to find twins!! :girl: :boy: They were both still real wet, but it was appearant that the doeling was born first.

I really truely thought that she only had a single in there - boy was I wrong. Both are nursing well and standing. I will be pulling them as bottle babies when I get home from work tonight (Tuesday).

I haven't named them yet - I will when I get to work - but these are the FIRST registered kids from Sunset Lake Ranch!!! :stars:

Without further ado -

Doeling -

Buckling -

The Family! -

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Blanca is filling a little bit - but not as much as I was hoping for. She is pretty sunken this morning around the tail head and her ligs are about 1/2 way gone compared to yesterday. I am hoping that she will wait till this weekend! That would be nice. I am running on empty right now! :ZZZ:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts