The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Chloe is a little buckskin pygmy that I have had since September. She finally took this breeding and should be on day 151 today.

For reasons - her kid will be a bottle baby (I want to try prevention in case I ever need it :wink: ). This is her first freshning and she is 5 years old. She is gorgeous and tiny - but a booger sometimes.

I saw her bred on February 7th by both of my boys - although she was not to happy with Joe, but would stand for Gabe. So who knows who the sire is - LOL!

This morning her udder was even tighter and larger - ligs have started to loosen - sitting off to the side.

My son is at home today and so he is checking on her every hour for me - but of course she could not kid when I was off of work for the last week :shrug:

I will let you know as soon as I hear of a change from my son - or an update when I get home - which ever comes first.

Allison

This is a pic of Chloe from March -

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Chloe - Day 151

She already has me crazy - LOL! I have had a few due dates for her since I got her to find out she was never pregnant - LOL! I really think that she was to fat to settle when I first got her.

I am a WRECK sitting here at work - PLEASE lord - let her have the baby before I come to work tommorrow - there is no way I can take tommorrow off to stay home with her!

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

1 - 1 1/2 hours till I get home - so even if it is born now - my son has everything ready to go! Woo Hoo! We have colostrum ready to warm up and lots of towels. He has helped me with 2 other births over the spring - so he knows.

He said he just went out to check on her and she was sitting like a dog trying to wag her tail - but couldn't see if she had goop or not.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Kid - LIZ - KID!!! LOL!!! :ROFL: This will be the first bottle babies that I am starting and finishing on my own on complete goats milk from a milker! LOL! I am trying to store some for the other kids! :greengrin:

She really is not very big - and basing her off of my other pygmy - she would have a single. But you never know - my FF nigerian gave trips last spring!

I am just real nervous that she is going to hold out till tommorrow when no one is home

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts

Soooooo....u only want a single? Who was the one wishing multiples on someone else not too long ago??? :ROFL:

Hope for two though...it tends to be easier on those shorter mommies....and one wittle pygmy baby isn't gonna eat all the milk you have...she/he needs a "cellmate" :slapfloor:

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I SOOOOO knew you were going to go there Liz - :shades: But I :love: ya anyway!

I will take some pics of her when I get home so that you can see her. I swear it is a single, and I really only felt one (it seemed) when I was playing "name the part of the kid" the other night :ROFL:

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Well here is the update -

Chloe is talking up a storm. Her ligs are almost completely gone (they were completely there this morning. They were hard and near the surface - just starting to soften). They are very deep now and super soft.

She isn't nesting - but real restless. I let her out to walk around the yard for a bit to keep things moving. She was eating - but not like usual. Her udder is pretty full - and tight. She was a little wet on the tail and back end.

Typically she puts her hooves right up and eats out of the feeder - but she was having suck difficulty getting her paws up there, that I put some pellets on the ground for her to try to get her to hold still long enough for a picture. I took about 15 but only 4 came out - darn it!

Remember she is ONLY about 13 - 14 inches tall and a FF when you look at these pics!

·
Registered
417 Posts

Im saying POSSIBLY twins. Its hard to tell without a full length side shot to see how round she is. I have had girls not look very big sideways but SOOOOOOO round and ended up having TRIPS!! Ill say :girl: :girl:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts