The Goat Spot Forum banner

Chloe Kidded - doing well.

5K views 69 replies 16 participants last post by  kelebek 
#1 ·
Well Chloe is a little buckskin pygmy that I have had since September. She finally took this breeding and should be on day 151 today.

For reasons - her kid will be a bottle baby (I want to try prevention in case I ever need it :wink: ). This is her first freshning and she is 5 years old. She is gorgeous and tiny - but a booger sometimes.

I saw her bred on February 7th by both of my boys - although she was not to happy with Joe, but would stand for Gabe. So who knows who the sire is - LOL!

This morning her udder was even tighter and larger - ligs have started to loosen - sitting off to the side.

My son is at home today and so he is checking on her every hour for me - but of course she could not kid when I was off of work for the last week :shrug:

I will let you know as soon as I hear of a change from my son - or an update when I get home - which ever comes first.

Allison

This is a pic of Chloe from March -

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Chloe - Day 151

She already has me crazy - LOL! I have had a few due dates for her since I got her to find out she was never pregnant - LOL! I really think that she was to fat to settle when I first got her.

I am a WRECK sitting here at work - PLEASE lord - let her have the baby before I come to work tommorrow - there is no way I can take tommorrow off to stay home with her!

#8 ·

1 - 1 1/2 hours till I get home - so even if it is born now - my son has everything ready to go! Woo Hoo! We have colostrum ready to warm up and lots of towels. He has helped me with 2 other births over the spring - so he knows.

He said he just went out to check on her and she was sitting like a dog trying to wag her tail - but couldn't see if she had goop or not.

#10 ·

Kid - LIZ - KID!!! LOL!!! :ROFL: This will be the first bottle babies that I am starting and finishing on my own on complete goats milk from a milker! LOL! I am trying to store some for the other kids! :greengrin:

She really is not very big - and basing her off of my other pygmy - she would have a single. But you never know - my FF nigerian gave trips last spring!

I am just real nervous that she is going to hold out till tommorrow when no one is home

#11 ·

Soooooo....u only want a single? Who was the one wishing multiples on someone else not too long ago??? :ROFL:

Hope for two though...it tends to be easier on those shorter mommies....and one wittle pygmy baby isn't gonna eat all the milk you have...she/he needs a "cellmate" :slapfloor:

#12 ·

I SOOOOO knew you were going to go there Liz - :shades: But I :love: ya anyway!

I will take some pics of her when I get home so that you can see her. I swear it is a single, and I really only felt one (it seemed) when I was playing "name the part of the kid" the other night :ROFL:

#18 ·

Well here is the update -

Chloe is talking up a storm. Her ligs are almost completely gone (they were completely there this morning. They were hard and near the surface - just starting to soften). They are very deep now and super soft.

She isn't nesting - but real restless. I let her out to walk around the yard for a bit to keep things moving. She was eating - but not like usual. Her udder is pretty full - and tight. She was a little wet on the tail and back end.

Typically she puts her hooves right up and eats out of the feeder - but she was having suck difficulty getting her paws up there, that I put some pellets on the ground for her to try to get her to hold still long enough for a picture. I took about 15 but only 4 came out - darn it!

Remember she is ONLY about 13 - 14 inches tall and a FF when you look at these pics!

#24 ·

2:15 am -

Just got in from sitting with her for over 30 minutes. Alot more goo. Getting restless. Urinating alot and getting up - laying down.

Still will not eat treats. Will not even come near me. Back legs are almost perfectly straight. Talking non-stop and some pawing at the ground. Very starry eyed at moments. No visual contractions but she won't stop talking long enough for me to be able to tell.

Back up at 4 am for the morning. I am not sure what the heck I am going to do if she doesn't have it by then. We are short staffed by over half of our crew today - but I can't leave Chloe either. :?

#25 ·

3:30 am - went out and have sat with her for the past hour. I knew if I got up - I would be up for the day as I was getting up at 5 to milk anyway.

She is so uncomfortable and definately laboring. She is peeing every 5 minutes literally with just a few drops. She hunches up like she is going to pee and I believe is contracting. She is pawing constantly and has had a few contractions where her head goes back. Cha Cha starting to open a little and bulging out a bit.

She still does not want to be touched at all - but yet became VERY loud when I left to come give an update. I think work is just going to have to suck it up that I may not be coming in today!

#26 ·

5:30 am - she is laying down - no interest in fresh hay, pellets or treats. No pushing yet.

I am so torn on wether to stay home or go to work. I know that she is going to have that baby - but I just am not sure if it is during the day or tonight.

I took a couple pics at 3:30 this am - I will upload them in a minute

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.