The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any good chocolate or chewy caramel recipes they would share with me. My son has become very sensitive to any type of cow's milk so this Halloween we're steering clear of all chocolates just to be safe :( He's pretty bummed. Anyway, a friend of mine has been giving me 1/2 a gallon of goat milk a week thankfully and he does great with that. I tried to make a batch of caramel today and it was an epic failure :ROFL:. I guess I shouldn't try to make candy without a candy thermometer! Anyone have any tried and true recipes they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
59,243 Posts
I have made this recipe a lot and it turns out perfect every time.

The recipe is from Kim of Roll Farms in Indiana:

Easy Goat Milk Fudge

Ingredients:
1 lb. Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa
1/2 Cup Butter
1/4 Cup Goats Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup Broken pecans or walnuts (optional)

Combine Sugar and cocoa thoroughly in a large microwavable bowl by sifting it together. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Place cut up butter and milk in the well.

DO NOT STIR!!!!

Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove and add vanilla, stirring to blend. Stir in nuts and put into buttered dish or pan.

That's it!
Your microwave may vary so you might go a few seconds over the 2 minutes if you have a lower heat microwave. Sifting the sugar is very important, I tried to save time and not sift and had lumpy fudge.
I've made this with peanut butter (sub part of the butter for peanut butter).
I've also added more milk to make it creamier and used it for brownie frosting....nummy!
It comes out perfect every time and never scorches!

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! That sounds delicious. I will make that for him tomorrow :cool: He loves chocolate and peanuts so this will be perfect.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I'm not sure how I dug up this old thread, but I found it before Christmas and made fudge for my relatives as a gift this year. Delicious! It was a huge hit with everyone! Thank you!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts