The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Bambi (4yo pygmy wether) is totally taken w/2wk old Marlee (also pygmy) & is EXCELLENT w/her..I mean he's amazing w/her..patient, protective (not overly, but he def looks out for her), & very sweet w/her..even w/all her antics. HOWEVER..he thinks he's the "barn boss" & will allow Marlee into the shed whenever she wants but he's a total @$$ to poor 9wk old Chloe (fainting doe), we've had SOOO much rain lately & he wont let Chloe in out of the rain..she does have other dry places to hang out but she wants to be w/them & will stand outside the shed door, in the rain, looking inside longingly while he guards the doorway. At night I have her in a very large dog crate inside the shed b/c of his boorishness (she has enough room for a water bucket & 1st cut hay in the crate, w/enough room left over to stand up completely, turn around, take a few steps to the water & a couple options to lay down..in short, plenty of room) but she's been in there 2 days now as it's been POURING absolutely non-stop & I'm afraid she'll get sick in the rain & I HATE keeping animals on lock-down. What can I do to fix his butt so he knows Chloe has every right to be in there as well? Anything? Or should I just let them set their pecking order & stay out of it? He doesn't hurt her..he just wont allow her inside. Why would he be so nice to Marlee & not Chloe? She is a diff breed & she's got a very diff personality from them, they are very bouncy & outgoing while Chloe is prob the most laid-back goat I've ever met..she doesn't get pushy, she doesn't run or jump or head-butt..all she wants in life is to walk around munching stopping just long enough for a nice scratch when I'm out there..she's just so peaceful...I dont know what he could possibly dislike her for. She seems happy enough to munch & hang out in her crate w/them in the shed but jeez..it just doesn't seem right. Will I always have this problem & have to add a whole new stall when she outgrows her crate (dont know how I'd do that but I REALLY like all 3 goats & would rather not have to rehome either Bambi or Chloe)? Ugh..goat cliques..anyone else had this problem? Should I try to find ONE more super laid-back friend for Chloe or would he just bully 2 instead of 1? Please help...I'm afraid we're going to have another soggy summer & I cant stand to leave her in the crate, even though she seems fine right now...:mad:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that..he's too big..I couldn't stand it. He couldn't even stand up completely strait & that's not right at ALL lol! It's a big crate & he can get in there but I let him back out after a few seconds & decided it was not an option. Grrr lol...
I'll post pics of Bambi & Chloe so ppl can get a better idea of their sizes..think Bambi is about 50lbs & Chloe is only about 15lbs..she looks bigger but she's super light.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts