The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so excited! A new goat shed is half done, and they finished drilling a new well today! YEA!!!! I don't know it for a fact yet, but I suspect I will be getting a new pressure pump at some point as well. With all of my goats and the 20 boarded horses at my place, my water pressure is non-existent - can't even water the lawn, and a shower takes forever due to no water pressure. My pressure pump goes absolutely berserk when all the kids hit to feed their horses. No more having to open the gate and let the yearlings in with the 2 & 3 year olds! YEA!!!! No more having to leave the weaning doelings with the weaning wethers! YEA!!!! :D

·
Super Moderator
58,834 Posts
That is always so exciting! Congrats on the new goat shed and also the well. We were lucky and were able to get county water. Our well was bad and can't dig more than about 16 ft down on our property. So another well would not have helped our situation.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! :) Wow, you were lucky! Yes, I can see where 16' isn't going to do much of anything where water is concerned. :( We don't have county water in this area - it's town water within the town limits or well water. It's been driving me nuts to have to let the yearlings in with the 2 & 3 year olds because they cannot compete, but it was either that or someone was going to get wet and cold. I also can't feed the wethers like they need to be fed to grow out properly without risking the doelings getting too fat. Another few days and I won't have to do either one anymore. YES!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts