Christy due soon WIDE LOAD

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Suellen, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Hi, Christy is due March 14th-19th.
    [​IMG]
    WIDE LOAD
    I feel so sorry for her. :shocked:

Suellen

2. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I think I know how she feels. I was always super huge when I was pregnant. Remember to post baby pictures!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    she does look uncomfortable.... :shocked: :greengrin:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  5. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Man!!! She is huge! She really does need a wide load sign! :ROFL:

6. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Maybe show her a calendar with her due date circled, so she knows relief is coming soon. :slapfloor: Bless these mommas carrying these extra heavy loads.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oh my! That poor girl! :shocked: Hopefully theres triplets in there for ya!

8. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Re: Christy due soon WIDE LOAD We Have Kids

Last night Christy gave birth to 2 girls :girl: :girl: and 1 boy :boy: . #1 was coming out nose first so we had to push her back in and find the front legs. #2 was coming out with one back leg we had to find the other one. #3 came out back legs first and didn't need any help. Long night.
    We got all but one to nurse. We used a syringe to get colostrum in to her. It is weird she knew she was suppose to go to the back of Mom to get something. She punches the udder but when the teat is put in front of her mouth even with milk on it or the teat with milk in your hand she doesn't open up. It's like she doesn't have a clue what else to do back there. [​IMG]When we feed her with the syringe she didn't even chew on it and we had to try many times to get her to swallow the milk. We got up several times in the night to syringe feed her and make sure the other 2 got some drinks. We are going to try bottle feeding. She doesn't seem to be lacking energy. I hope we don't have to tube feed her. Syringe baby and Tube baby just don't have the same ring to it as bottle baby. :lol: Other than that everybody is doing great, up and walking around and being baby goats. Mom is busy licking and licking and licking.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Suellen

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congratulations.... :greengrin: :leap:

sounds like the one kid is just dumb to the teat no sucking reflex.... work with the kid to teach it ...the teat ..force open the mouth ..squirt some of mom's milk.. it the mouth from the teat.....have someone tickle "stimulate baby".. at the tail head and back area.......hold the kids mouth on the teat and squeeze a little milk from the teat..(with the kids mouth still attached.)... into the kids mouth...keep repeating and with time and alot of work....(keep trying)... a little trick .. is to keep the kid a little hungry.. it will be easier ..to teach to the teat.... the kid may start to suckle... eventually the kid will learn.... :greengrin: ..keep up the syringing until the kid learns to suck, but keep an eye on it.....wink:
    give some nutra drench and I would give a shot of vit B complex for appetite...if your area is deficient in selenium give a bo-se shot to.... :hug:

10. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Probably needs some Bo-Se, that will help a lot with those sucking muscles. Also you can use some vitamin E gel caps, just snip the end off and squirt one in her mouth a couple times a day.

11. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Congratulations on the babies.

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Glad to have talked to you on the phone! Congrats on the kiddos and so glad the little girl is doing good on the bottle

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :stars:

Sounds like you had a very eventful night!

14. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Re: Christy due soon WIDE LOAD We Have Kids

I'm going to start a new post about the kids.
    Suellen

15. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Congrats on the doelings!