The Goat Spot Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,663 Posts
Based on the appearance of their stool, it doesn't look dietary to me or even toxin related. It looks more like a bacterial cause even more so than a parasitic cause. There are a lot of things like cocci, other protozoans, that cause issues.

Curious, would you be willing to try a fairly--experimental--technique, lol? Get your hands on some black cumin seed OIL. I can advise on how to use it from there. This stuff knocks everything out!!

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Based on the appearance of their stool, it doesn't look dietary to me or even toxin related. It looks more like a bacterial cause even more so than a parasitic cause. There are a lot of things like cocci, other protozoans, that cause issues.

Curious, would you be willing to try a fairly--experimental--technique, lol? Get your hands on some black cumin seed OIL. I can advise on how to use it from there. This stuff knocks everything out!!
At this point I'm willing to try whatever lol. Since it's antiviral and antibiotic, does it work differently from oregano oil? I've been using that on them.

Can you go more in depth on why you say the it 'looks' bacterial? I was always under the assumption green was more dietary vs brown being parasitic and dark being more toxins related.

I will see if I can order that cumin seed oil.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I've been contemplating a cud transfer. Does anyone think the microflora is just off? I give pro iotics, dark beer, and was going to try yogurt. Just to give that range. I know cud transfers are usually when they are down and not eating though.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Well, Calla is pooping pellets now! Just watched her. Haven't seen Ruler go but looks more formed on the ground. I did give them both cayenne this morning and will prob do another dose shortly. They also had more beer water out. Not diluted much this time. Mostly because it was hot, I put it put for the whole herd.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,663 Posts
It definitely is different than oregano oil...they have different constituents that work in different ways.
Glad to hear there is some improvement. Cud transfer wouldn't hurt.

When I see stool that is lighter in color, almost leaning into pastel-colors, it is usually bacterial. Parasites can do it too, especially coccidia. Some parasites tend to cause darker stools, or normal color. Dietary is usually green. Toxin can be green or really dark, usually never abnormally light in color.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Well, Calla is pooping pellets now! Just watched her. Haven't seen Ruler go but looks more formed on the ground. I did give them both cayenne this morning and will prob do another dose shortly. They also had more beer water out. Not diluted much this time. Mostly because it was hot, I put it put for the whole herd.
Hey, that's great! I'm hoping things continue to improve.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts