The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My NDG is shooting chunky tissue from one of her udders. I can feel them coming down the teet while I am milking her. I have tested her for mastitis, negative. No fever or bag streaking. I also cannot get her to let down on that side. We are kid sharing, and they are able to milk it out by the end of the day. Two questions... Looking for general advice, and can I safely give her Sunflower Lecithin to thin these clogs out? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
32,277 Posts
Are chunks like pieces of white cheese? Vit C does help. Any quality chewable or I like the brand Now in powder. I mix dose with water and drench. Also if it's like white cheese chunks once you break it all up and milk it out she will be good to go. Simtimes milking them out can be difficult but is necessary. Letting the kids do most the work is perfect. I also like to give MastoBlast. It's a homeopathic oral treatment. It's for mastitis but also helps with congestion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are chunks like pieces of white cheese? Vit C does help. Any quality chewable or I like the brand Now in powder. I mix dose with water and drench. Also if it's like white cheese chunks once you break it all up and milk it out she will be good to go. Simtimes milking them out can be difficult but is necessary. Letting the kids do most the work is perfect. I also like to give MastoBlast. It's a homeopathic oral treatment. It's for mastitis but also helps with congestion.
Extremely helpful. Thank you so much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts