Cinnamon and Hallie Updated pics of kids and Hallie's udder!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Firestone Creek Farm, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Here's updated pics of the girls. No, I haven't clipped udders yet, but I'm glad I didn't YET. We got 9 inches of snow today!!! And we've had extremely cold temps for NC... well, here are the girls. :) Hallie and Cinammon both have nice udders started. Hallie is a first freshener, but this will be Cinammon's second time. She's just a bit shy about "rear" photos for some reason! Ever since she got preg, she holds that tail down like she is saying "noooooooo peeking!!!"

Oh and the last pic is Ophelia. She's on day 100. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: hallie and cinammon day 130 ARE WE THERE YET??? Almost!!! :)

Looks like you are in for multiples!!!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

sweet! wow you got snow... is that normal for your area?

4. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA

No, it's not really normal for here. We usually get a little, occassionally, a couple inches... not this much. And the temps...brrrrrrrrrrrr... it's only 9F this morning! and only supposed to reach 35 for about an hour this evening, which won't accomplish much in the way of melting..

Here's some snow pics I posted on Twitter! http://twitpic.com/photos/genna1020

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Beautiful does! Can't wait to see what ya get!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

they are sure pretty does.... :love: :greengrin:

7. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC
    Re: hallie and cinammon day 131 ARE WE THERE YET??? Almost!!! :)

what pretty does you have and if you do not mind what part of Nc are you from I'm out of Lexington.Would love to chat about goats/chickens.I have Naked necks I know they are ugly but good birds.

Mindy

8. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas

Those top 2 girls look like twins at least, for sure! All pretty girls, too!

9. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA

Thanks for the lovely compliments, everyone! I'll pass them on to the ladies... they'll be thrilled. :)

And I am in Sanford, NC. We're a little over an hour from Asheboro on HWY 42. Also less than an hour from Raleigh, Greensboro, etc. :)

Angie

10. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Re: hallie and cinammon day 132 GETTING CLOSER!!! I'm so excited

Hallie's udder is filling more and tightening up! It's so cold and snowy that everyone's staying in the barn. Snow is starting to melt, so everything will soon be a wonderful cold and muddy mess. :( sure hope it warms up some and DRIES up some before babies get here. And both Cin and Hallie have decided that they do not want me loooooooooking at udders or feeling ligs!!! I try and they are like "GET AWAYYYYYYYYY please!"

11. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Re: hallie and cinnamon day 133 GETTING CLOSER! Hallie Discharge

Well, as of this morning Hallie has a little bit of a pinkish-orangey colored discharge and her udder is filling more! Cinnamon remains about the same, though she does seem to have dropped a bit. And Ophelia is starting to get an udder now!! She's on day 104. ;) :clap: :clap: :wahoo:

Question: Does anyone live close to me that has experience with the goats just in case I have any problems? I'm in Sanford, NC. This will be my first babies when they come, and I've been doing a lot of reading, but I wanted to have someone on hand to ask questions, etc, if necessary, especially not knowing what day of the week the girls will decide to have babies on. :GAAH: Day 145 for both Hallie and Cinnamon is Feb 4th, but who knows whether they will go at a normal hour or on the "expected" day! HAHAHAHA Anyone?

Angie

wish for lots of :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl:

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Re: hallie and cinammon day 133 GETTING CLOSER! Hallie Discharge

There was a thread on here with some of the more experienced gals numbers, just in case. I have limited experience, this being my 2nd year with goats. My "teacher" was the fiasco farm website with the videos...but I couldn't find the videos the last time I went there?! Bummer. I'm afraid my advice would go something like "go in...find feet...and nose...gently pull with the contractions...if you can't get them out off to the vet! Anyway, that's how I do it :doh: :slapfloor: I think Stacey went through a birth that required untangleing babies! Let's hope you have uneventful births...I've read that 95% of births are simple...so let's pray for that!

Soon someone will come on with more helpful info! :hi5:

13. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Re: hallie and cinammon day 133 Ok everyone... Posty doe????????

Ok question... when a doe starts going 'posty,' how long is it usually before delivery? hallie has definitely dropped and she has a discharge, but I haven't noticed any change in ligs yet. HOWEVER, I just went to the feed store and came back, and now she is looking a bit stiff legged. I'm headed out to the barn right now to check her over good, but I thought I'd ask. ;)

Angie

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Re: hallie and cinammon day 134 QUESTION!! Too soon to be posty?

What day is she on now? Usually they go posty about the time the ligaments go and they start moving into early labor. Can be an hour to 12 hours before kidding. It depends on each doe and her pregnancy.

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: hallie and cinammon day 134 QUESTION!! Too soon to be posty?

My cell number is 509.499.5828 if you need anything. If I don't answer, leave a message and I will call you right back. Also I am always on yahoo at work, and usually mobile while commuting!

16. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Re: hallie and cinammon day 134 False alarm.. everything fine :)

Thanks so much! i'll probably be giving someone a call, more than likely, especially if things don't seem to be going smoothly. As of right now, the postiness was a false alarm... whew. We had been out for a while, and when we got home, Hallie was standing at the fence looking all stiff legged and talking to me. She had me worried, because she's only day 134 at the most... for certain. So I left a message here and went out and spent the rest of this time in the barn, observing, cleaning, etc, and Ms. Hallie seems to be fine!! No more stiff legs... ligs feel the same. She seems to have dropped a bit more and the udder is filling up more, but other than that, she's still eating and drinking and fussing with everyone else over the grain. She still has a bit of discharge, but nothing more than it has been--just slight. Cinnamon actually has more discharge than she does. So, I guess I'll just keep an eye out and listen to the monitor.

whatcha bet she was lying down and heard us coming and came running to the fence, stiff legged from lying down! haaahahaha! That's the only thing I can think of!

Angie

17. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Re: hallie and cinammon day 135 Talking to her belly? :)

I'm still thinking Hallie is going to go first. This is day 135 for her and Cinnamon. This morning she's staying away from everyone else and she's realllllllly grumpy if any of the other goats come near to her. I've been sitting here watching her out the window, and she's just standing in one place a lot, then occasionally she turns around and nibbles at her right side and bleats a bit. Good possibility she's talking to babies. I think I'm going to go ahead and put her in the kidding stall... what do you think?

And I hadn't shaved that udder yet. I intended to do it today, with hubby's help!

Angie

18. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Re: hallie and cinammon day 135 Talking to her tummy??????

Yeah, I would put her in the kidding stall. Sounds like she is getting ready.

19. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA

ok ... does this doe code of honor thing start this early on? hahahaha... she's eating, but not scarfing it down like she usually does. Could just be that she's FULL of babies... lol. She did eat though, just not as much as usual. And she's drinking. Also backing up to the walkways in the barn and scratching her behind... hahaha! Other than that, she just has this 'sheesh I wish this would hurry up and be over' look that most women get when they are getting impatient about delivery. She still has a small amount of discharge, but everything else seems to be ok. I didn't see contractions. Her ligs are disappearing though--sunken in a little. I'll keep a close eye on both of them since they seem to want to do everything together... hahaha.

Angie

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Sounds like she is working on things nicely. She will give them up in about a week or so for you.... about the time you only have 3 nerves left to loose! :ROFL: