Cinnamon Kidded Twins! Pics posted.

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by Rogersfarm, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Cinnamon kidded a Doe and a buckling saturday at about 5:00 pm :kidred: :kidblue: ! First freshener and It was the easiest birth yet ,she lost her plug , the babies came smooth and she didnt even make a sound.She will be my top breeding doe for sure!Cinnamon is polled but the buck she was bred to (Oreo) isn't so its a waiting game to see what we have.The doeling is chocolate and white(I am really thinking about retaining her) and the buckling is the black and white one.
    Doeling:
    [​IMG]
    Buckling:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

You got a couple of cuties there!!!! Congrats!

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awww! Congrats on such a smooth birth!! Also...it's pretty easy to tell if you have polled babies, polled won't have swirls in the hair above the brow, and to me the little girl has a very smooth looking head.

4. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    This is a really dumb question but Cinnamon is our only polled goat and so we are not real familiar with it.Can a doe have one of each kid if she is bred to a goat with horns? What's the likelyhood of a goat being polled giving birth to a polled kid if the buck has horns ?50/50?

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    the buck looks likehe may fade to a dark chocolate color.. and yes one kid could be polled and one could be horned.. just feel for nubs

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats - they are stinking CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have a polled doe and each time she was bred, she was bred to a horned buck, she's not given me a polled kid yet...oh and polled kids will get bumps, the bumps will not feel like horn buds at all, your buckling will start to get buds as early as 2-3 days old..I've had boys born with buds so it will vary with each kid.
    A friend of mine had 2 polled kids born from a horned doe...sired by my buck who was supposed to be horned and disbudded but we're now leaning towards him being burned mistakenly.

9. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
  10. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Oh my goodness they are so precious!! And so is their mama :)

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    my opinion from those pics is that the boy is polled and the girl is horned. You will know soon.

Polled kids nubs have hair growing ON them and a horned kids nubs will not. Their horns will be pointy while nubs are rounded and have a wider base that doesnt grow back in a horn fashion but grow straight up.