Civil kidded! New photos of the bouncing boy PG13

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Today, 7-29-08 is day 131 for Miss Civil, she's doing extremely well in this heat and I'm so relieved. I feel so bad for them when its hot. This year has not been as hot as it usually gets in the summer so at least we have that little blessing going for her.

She kidded on day 145 last time, but went in labor on 144. She just kidded after midnight so we marked it as 145. She only had a single buck then though, but he was big. I sure hope she's got some multiples this time.

Here she is a couple weeks ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These will be my second batch of babies by Larkspur. Both Civil and Lark are blue-eyed so there's a good possibility of blue-eyed kids too. I want a doeling!!! Think pink!!!

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Civil day 131, countdown has begun!

I'll send :girl: :girl: wishes your way...hard to believe she so close already!

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

I would say for sure she has at least 2 little ones in the oven! Civil is a gorgeous doe, I can't wait to see what you get!!!

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

She'd better have triplets or more in there being so big. :p She'll have to go on a diet if she only has one or two this time.

I really want some super wide uphill correct healthy kids foremost but I am very partial to those broken up colorful buckskins with blue-eyes! ;) I do have someone wanting a doeling from her if she has extras so two does would be nice. I can't wait to see her udder again and this time get it full, clipped and her set-up for photos. I only got a few in the spring done, not as many as I'd hoped. Last time she kidded I only got a day of kidding rear udder shot, no post filling or anything. Then we dried her off very fast. So I didn't get to milk her and form and opinion on her udder. So that's the plan this time.

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

i say :baby: :baby: :baby: . wish i was haveing some does kid right now

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

She's one of two that I have left this year and that's it. I had hoped to have some more fall kiddings but it looks like just 2 Civil soon and Barbie in November.

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

i like your doe barbie, she's beautiful

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Thanks! I am not 100% sure she's settled but I am thinking she has. I sure hope so, Stedman's going home this weekend. :)

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Re: Civil day 137, countdown has begun!

Civil's udder is still steadily getting bigger and she's happily going to her stall every night. She actually only needed the first day to be lead there, and every day since has volunteered. I love it when they're smart and realize its a good thing. :p She's waddling all over the place and hanging out from time to time in the main part of the barn. She's on 137 today so the day is steadily approaching. If she kids on 145 agian then she'll kid on next Tuesday!

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh wow, can't wait to see what you get! Next Tuesday, goodness! I'm excited!!!

11. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

I'm going to guess 3 so I'll hope for :girl: :girl: :baby: and I'll :pray: for an easy birth and healthy kids!

12. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Thanks! I hope we do get some doelings! Now I am considering keeping a buckling too! So I need :girl: :girl: :boy: ;)

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She just has to have more than one in there! Besides you wanting to keep babies...she's just too big to have only one. And they will all be blue eyed :girl: :girl: :girl:

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Oh I won't complain if they're all girls! I just have thought about keeping a boy possibly since she has good teat placement.

I sure hope they're all blue-eyed too! Too cool!!!

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Re: Civil day 138

Here's my poor big girl today on day 138...
    [​IMG]

Civil with Julie...
    [​IMG]

Civil with Potsie...
    [​IMG]

Moooo... :ROFL:
    [​IMG]

"Why do you keep following me with that flashy thing?"
    [​IMG]

And lastly, munching on my poor trees...
    [​IMG]

I can't wait!!!

16. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Civil day 138, more photos added!!!!

those extra fat ones always seem to take forever

17. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I know, its hopeless waiting. Haha I can't wait to see what she has. I figure it'll be next week, but it really could be anytime during the whole week.

18. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Wahoo! She's about as fat as Dawn was. I say 5! :girl: :girl: :girl: :boy: :boy:! :slapfloor:

19. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Whoa! What a belly she has! Wow! I'd say at least triplets, likely more though! :girl: :girl: :boy: Hopefully she gives you exactly what you are wanting!

20. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I've never had more than quads born here. I haven't had a live set of quads though either. I have had quads born alive but one kid breathed in some fluid and died. I just want some healthy babies. Lark's kids are looking great. Can't wait to see what his and Civil's crossing makes. :)