The Goat Spot Forum banner

Civil kidded! New photos of the bouncing boy PG13

9K views 199 replies 21 participants last post by  Sweet Gum Minis 
#1 ·
Today, 7-29-08 is day 131 for Miss Civil, she's doing extremely well in this heat and I'm so relieved. I feel so bad for them when its hot. This year has not been as hot as it usually gets in the summer so at least we have that little blessing going for her.

She kidded on day 145 last time, but went in labor on 144. She just kidded after midnight so we marked it as 145. She only had a single buck then though, but he was big. I sure hope she's got some multiples this time.

Here she is a couple weeks ago.

These will be my second batch of babies by Larkspur. Both Civil and Lark are blue-eyed so there's a good possibility of blue-eyed kids too. I want a doeling!!! Think pink!!!

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Civil day 131, countdown has begun!

She'd better have triplets or more in there being so big. :p She'll have to go on a diet if she only has one or two this time.

I really want some super wide uphill correct healthy kids foremost but I am very partial to those broken up colorful buckskins with blue-eyes! ;) I do have someone wanting a doeling from her if she has extras so two does would be nice. I can't wait to see her udder again and this time get it full, clipped and her set-up for photos. I only got a few in the spring done, not as many as I'd hoped. Last time she kidded I only got a day of kidding rear udder shot, no post filling or anything. Then we dried her off very fast. So I didn't get to milk her and form and opinion on her udder. So that's the plan this time.

#6 ·
Re: Civil day 131, countdown has begun!

She's one of two that I have left this year and that's it. I had hoped to have some more fall kiddings but it looks like just 2 Civil soon and Barbie in November.

#9 ·
Re: Civil day 137, countdown has begun!

Civil's udder is still steadily getting bigger and she's happily going to her stall every night. She actually only needed the first day to be lead there, and every day since has volunteered. I love it when they're smart and realize its a good thing. :p She's waddling all over the place and hanging out from time to time in the main part of the barn. She's on 137 today so the day is steadily approaching. If she kids on 145 agian then she'll kid on next Tuesday!

#14 ·
Re: Civil day 137, countdown has begun!

Oh I won't complain if they're all girls! I just have thought about keeping a boy possibly since she has good teat placement.

I sure hope they're all blue-eyed too! Too cool!!!

#15 ·
Re: Civil day 138

Here's my poor big girl today on day 138...

Civil with Julie...

Civil with Potsie...

Moooo... :ROFL:

"Why do you keep following me with that flashy thing?"

And lastly, munching on my poor trees...

I can't wait!!!

#20 ·
Re: Civil day 138, more photos added!!!!

I've never had more than quads born here. I haven't had a live set of quads though either. I have had quads born alive but one kid breathed in some fluid and died. I just want some healthy babies. Lark's kids are looking great. Can't wait to see what his and Civil's crossing makes. :)

#22 ·
Day 140

Day 140! Boy its sneaking up on me fast! Its so hot here! :help: We need a weather break. She's starting to hang out by herself. If the goats are out in the pasture browsing, she'll stroll down and hang out by herself in the barn. If the goats are in the barn she'll go up by the building and hang out underneath it. So I think we're starting to see some real progress for babies.

Shockingly she seems to be handling this temp problem we have really well. Not panting, not miserable like me. :ROFL:

I keep slacking off and not checking her ligaments in the AM, just PM. Her udder hasn't changed since the last photos I posted. Well if they did its not a lot bigger. So I'm waiting and watching for some real changes.

:D

#26 ·
Day 141

Did her hoof trim and birthing haircut today. Boy she was not happy about that! She looks much better now. I didn't get any photos or anything. I can't wait to see what she has!

We are changing phone/internet service so my internet will be going down soon. I'm using it till it does. They were suppose to install today but they didn't realize they would have to run a new service here so unfortunately we have to wait till the 23rd to get connected. So I hope the nets still on when she kids so I can get pics and updates!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.