The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you Stacy-

I talked to Allison after I posted the first message about this and we mostlikely talk to her again - to help me sort all this out..

Thank you

Donna B

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
:hug: So sorry you have to go through this. I don't know enough about CL to comment, but are you saying you can convert some pasture to cash crops? And then back to pasture again? Hope Allison has the info you need. Glad your customers are so agreeable!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
"but are you saying you can convert some pasture to cash crops? And then back to pasture again? "

the answer is NO we live on a dairy farm- and we have hay fields and corn fields all around us- so the vet said something about taking the top 6 inch of soil off the top of the pen they are in and replaceing it with clean sand... my question was if we put the bad CL soil on another field spread it around and blow it in-- then feed the goats corn or hay off that field would you be passing it on to the goats that may not already have it...

Donna

So many question!

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Yes, everything needs to be burnt- ground, bedding, bandages and gauze used for cleaning the abscess. Anything that can't be burnt needs to be bleached.

I don't believe you need to pull kids for CL unless the doe has active abscesses.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
thank you!

Yes, everything needs to be burnt- ground, bedding, bandages and gauze used for cleaning the abscess. Anything that can't be burnt needs to be bleached.

I don't believe you need to pull kids for CL unless the doe has active abscesses.
I did throw all the stuff I used on her in the wood stove...and we will mostlikey burn the ground she is on.. however a wood shelter (which money is short these days) would be hard to burn because of money to replace it... and the wire that makes the pen...

I have calls into a Dr. at Washington State, and a former 4H student of mine is studing Vet Science at MSU and I have called her and she is going to talk to everyone she knows and get back to me too..

I am trying to put all the pieces togather so many people and so many different points of view it makes it hard to decided what to do--

I am praying for Gods wisdom on this but then sometime praying for our animals when there are so many other things going on in the world that need our prayer seem some how wrong...

Donna B

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
he cares about the sparrow .... he cares about your goats. They are all his creatures and he wants to also know whats on our hearts. I never feel bad about praying for my goats, He gave me a passion for them, so I know He cares. :hug:

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Could you take a "pesticide sprayer" thingy, put some bleach in it and mist the fence and posts etc., that you can't burn? Bleach is cheap...we could use just bleach in our dental office...it kills everything...but we don't because of the smell...have to use the "high dollar stuff". I got a propane fire thingy that's to kill weeds...wonder if that would burn the soil in the pens enough to kill it?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Could you take a "pesticide sprayer" thingy, put some bleach in it and mist the fence and posts etc., that you can't burn? Bleach is cheap...we could use just bleach in our dental office...it kills everything...but we don't because of the smell...have to use the "high dollar stuff". I got a propane fire thingy that's to kill weeds...wonder if that would burn the soil in the pens enough to kill it?
I wondered the same think if Bleach would do the trick they always say use bleach- to kill stuff... I mean I can't through away my shoe and clothes so if I used bleach and even the post and fence and we have a blow torch to burn anything that needs to be burned...

Donna

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Scooter died Monday morning- I could not take her to the vet to find out why but he says she most likely had a absesse on her lungs...

Donna B

·
Registered
644 Posts
:hug: I'm so sorry to hear that :hug:

·
Registered
667 Posts
I am so sorry !!!!! :grouphug:

·
Registered
301 Posts