CL in goats

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Debra P, Jul 13, 2020.

1. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

That is great!

Debra P likes this.
  2. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    I wish someone could figure out something for CAE now! ( got a call, person bought a sale goat with swollen knees, what to do?)

Thats great you have stopped the CL abscesses!

Debra P likes this.

3. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Are you talking about CL? I literally can't believe they aren't getting cyst anymore crazy AND FABULOUS...so thrilled I took the chance please don't cull a goat with CL... this is absolutely amazing.. draxxin ♥️♥️♥️ injecting it sideways right into the cyst

4. ksalvagno

Yes. Great that Draxxin worked for you. Hopefully more people will try it.

Debra P likes this.
  5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    That's exactly why I shared this Unbelievable remedy for CL..as I said I rescued these goats and if course they had no vet paperwork.. one had CL which about five others contacted! EVERY summer all I usually do is look them over for lumps... after injecting draxxin or dre
    That's exactly why I shared this! Normally every summer I have to look over each goat and watch for the lumps then wait for them to become soft in the middle and drain them. All my goats are RESCUED goats so I get nothing in the way of vet paperwork...five of mine came down with the disease and I'd check with the internet to find out if anything new would help...I hope anyone who loves they're goats, instead of culling ! There wasn't a chance under HEAVEN I'd put an otherwise healthy goat down... usually all summer I'm draining cyst! I absolutely know this draxxin Completely cured CL... haven't had one cyst in two years! It's an absolute miracle drug for CL.. remember only give the Drexxin sideways into the cyst...I pray this will help all of us who love our goats

7. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Did you ever blood test any of them?

I’m curious if draxxin could turn a positive result into a negative one.

8. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

It’s amazing that you found a cure for it! I’ll keep this in mind if any of my goats or people I know’s goats (God forbid) get CL. Thank you so much for taking the time to share the results! It must be amazing to know that you’ve shared something that will save countless goats. ;)(thumbup):ty:

9. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

Interesting thought! I wonder what the results would show. :)

10. Damfino

Damfino Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Right behind you
    Almost certainly not. The blood test looks for antibodies, not bacteria, so once the goats were infected they would probably carry those antibodies for the rest of their lives (or for quite a few years at the very least). Vaccinated goats test positive for CL even though they never encountered the live bacteria. However, antibodies produced by the vaccine tend to be small in number and fairly weak compared to ones produced by having the disease. Vaccinated goats tend to show a low positive for CL compared to infected goats whose antibody counts tend to be pretty high. This is probably why the CL vaccine is only somewhat effective. Even if draxxin is capable of killing all the CL bacteria in a goat's bloodstream, the goat will still have the antibodies that were produced in response to the original infection and would therefore test positive.

11. MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm

MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    Based on the repetitive nature of this post by this lady, I am curious if anyone here actually knows this person. I have priced Draxxin and it is fairly expensive. I have a CL positive goat. She is our herd queen. We were told to kill her by our vet to keep our herd clean. We chose not to. We were very, very nervous about our decision. It was a good decision on our part. She is an excellent herd queen. If we had culled her, we would have lost our 2 most beautiful bucklings. They are not CL positive. We are very careful and watch closely for cysts. We lance them in a secured environment and clean the wound out completely (she screams her head off). We burn everything. She is quarantined for 22 days after a cyst has been lanced. We have done this 3 times. We are happy with our results but if draxxin is truly a cure, I would be thrilled. I will be buying some and testing this theory.
    Below is our CL positive girl with her beautiful boys. 20200217_091312.jpg
    The big boys now, in our buck herd 20200217_091312.jpg 20200731_093200.jpg

Debra P likes this.
  12. senoradirt

senoradirt Active Member

Sep 28, 2019
    Texas
    I'd love to get Drexxin because it works well with respiratory illnesses. Does your vet provide or do you know where to get it? Mine won't let me buy it

Iluvlilly! and Debra P like this.
  13. MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm

Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    I can buy it online at Valley Vet.......but I have to be willing to bite the bullet on the price.... Screenshot_20200929-070312_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Debra P likes this.
  14. ksalvagno

You have to have a prescription for Draxxin if you get it online. But Draxxin is great for respiratory problems. If your vet is willing to just sell you a few shots, why not try it.

Iluvlilly!, Debra P, Sfgwife and 3 others like this.
  15. MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm

Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    Ah, ok....well, my vet is pretty liberal with meds for us so I will call tomorrow!

16. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    I'm so sorry I just saw this... extremely sad my sweet Rose ..who is the goat I've had to protect from the others...had to call the vet and had no choice but to put her down. I've never had to put one of my goats down I'm heartbroken, she'd follow me all OVER and followed me into the house when I had to get hot water for her with molasses in it. She had no horns but all my other goat's do so they'd pick on Rose. A few years ago I put her in our sick pen, right next to the others and only let her out if I could watch and make sure no other goat would challenge her. She contracted goat polio BUT we caught it within hours, she recovered from the polio... but last week I found her in the hot sun and she couldn't use her legs. It took all I had to pick her up and call my vet! The vet came right away and her temperature was 106.5 we got her up and I kept her standing for awhile and fed her but she refused to eat, the next morning I found her on her side and flalining her legs Because she couldn't get up again. Come to find out that her teeth had been worn right down. Went to tractor supply and bought grain that horse's without teeth live on.. she refused to eat again. I mixed it to just about a soup and used a large syringe, cut the top and tried giving her some through the syringe so that if she'd just taste it I thought she'd eatnope she spit out what she could, so I knew she was trying to tell me to allow her to go. I'm still dealing with a bit of depression Because I was so close to my girl

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  17. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Just make SURE to test those bucklings after six months old too. Cl results are not accurate until then.

goatblessings and Debra P like this.
  18. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    I have been a member for awhile but mostly I had been on the goat pages in Facebook BUT as I said they refused to even bother to let me tell them what I did.. the small bottle I bought was $245 BUT WELL WORTH EVERY PENNY..I want you to understand I had no clue that the cyst wouldn't return! To my GREAT JOY NOT ONE OF MY GOATS THAT WOULD COME DOWN WITH CYST..then I'd injected the draxxin just so I'd have some control so that it never would burst while with the others. Please do try this and PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES...it's truthfully Unbelievable..it can save your queen..btw beautiful goats.. I would inject it once or depending on how fast it grows twice a week.. making sure you put the needle in sideways as to only inject the cyst...on my phone I had a picture of phoenix..her cyst was HUGE, on her neck, I knew I wasn't going to drain that one because it was to close to her esophagus...I was going to have my vet drain it...by injecting draxxin, it probably took two weeks BUT IT COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED! I mean totally gone and she hasn't gotten another cyst. My name is Debra Picard I live in Rhode Island..if you would like to have my phone number to talk or text just let me know. I can't wait for someone to do this INSTEAD OF CULLING. I promise I'm not duping anyone, I just want to share this amazing results ❤️

Iluvlilly! and ksalvagno like this.
  19. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Why won't your vet allow you to have this drug? I don't understand why that would be a problem..my vet sold me a small bottle and worth every penny. $245 and I still have some left.

20. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    My vet let me buy it from them.. strange that your vet refues, I'm sorry maybe you can get it from another vet or another goat owner..I'd try another source. I have a friend that's a nurse and has family in another state..I had to ask her family member to use her address because I ordered the CL shot but they won't send it to rhode island for some reason..cost me$300 and I decided not to use it. When I had my vet come to administrator it to my goats, she read the pamphlet and said I may lose a goat or more..I said never so we just didn't use it.. wasn't going to worry about the money I care for my goats MUCH more

Iluvlilly! likes this.