Claribelle Day 150 (??)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by capriola-nd, Feb 15, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Claribelle is on day 150 - supposedly. :roll: She was bred later on but I think that was a false heat. Watch her prove me wrong. She looks very big and is pretty lazy. Ligs are soft but not gone all the way. Udder has filled up, it's so cute!! I love her udder, just hoping it gets bigger! No discharge and eating like a horse. ;)

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Claribelle Day 147!

well lets just hope she doesnt string it out for to long

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Oh I hope it is the right due date - more little babies to drool over!

4. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Let's see those kids, Claribelle :greengrin:

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Well, nothing really new. No pics yet. I ran out of day. :oops: Don't ya just hate when that happens! :roll: ;)

I will try to get some tomorrow morning but may not get them uploaded until later in the day. I might be able to go out in a bit to take some but they won't be good at all. . . .

She is still eating like a horse! Udder is kind of full but not really tight yet. No discharge, kind of more chatty but not bad, lazy, and does not like to be messed with. She's usually pretty lovey but these last couple months she's been a booger. I used to be able to play with her teats every day (practicing for milking) but now she will not stand for it!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Hoping for at least twins and at least one doe!! :D

6. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon

I say two beautiful little perfect little :girl: :girl: :wahoo:

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

How's she doing? I'm excited to see what ya get!

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

oh my.. i bet you are sooo excited.. we all know how much you love your claribelle

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Re: Claribelle Day 148!

Sorry for no pics, I have been really, really sick today and am just now starting to feel better. Woke up in middle of the night and :sick: several times. :(

Anyways, nothing new. Udder doesn't look any bigger and she is STILL eating so much food! I only feed them grain in the mornings but Honey (because she is lactating) gets grain at night too. Claribelle tried so hard to weasle her way into the barn to get Honey's grain! Stinker. :roll:

I sure hope she kids this month, I don't want to wait until March 25th!! Lyla is getting ready too so tomorrow I will try and post a thread for her. :) Pics tomorrow, I promise!!

10. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Re: Claribelle Day 148!

I neeeeeeeeeeeed baby pics! Im getting withdrawal symptoms! *begins to shake*

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Re: Claribelle Day 149! (?)

Finally got pics; they are terrible (please excuse the mess :oops: ) but hopefully you get the idea. Her udder, I would think, should be filling up way more. :roll: This is the first time we've had FF does take this long to fill up. I am beginning to think it could be the March 25th due date. :sigh: If it is, I feel bad for her! She moves so slow and looks so full of babies.

Have any of you had FF does do this? Do they just fill up w/ milk right before kidding?? Has anyone had FF's who do not come into full-milk until after kidding? Maybe I am not feeding her enough? (She's looks like a fattie, though.) She gets one cup of grain 1x a day and a free-choice Eastern Oregon mix of bluegrass, alfalfa, and timothy. Sometimes a little bit of Chaffhaye alfalfa. Is that good enough? I am being really paranoid about this kidding. Maybe it's because I've raised her from the time she was five weeks old; just want everything to go smooth.

Oh, also -- any guesses for babies?? :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Claribelle Day 149! (??) Pics Added, Finally!

oh poor thing -- unfortunatly that udder is kind of tiny and i do think she is going to hold out on you

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I'd watch like a hawk till she passes that due date and then I'd rest easy till the next one. That's what I do. :p Sorry I can't help you more. She does look like she could wait but FF don't necessarily fill in that much at first for their first kidding.

14. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Sh does look to need to ill that udder more....but as was said, wait til after she passes the first due date........and I think that what she is getting food wise is plenty.......and she's gonna be giving you triplets!

15. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Geesh, girl....I'd say Claribelle's got triplets headed your way, unless it's just one BIG boy!! :ROFL: Just kiddin', i'm sure she's got... :girl: :girl: :girl: for ya!! Actually, from the pics I think you're right on schedule, so watch her close.