Claribelle's Udder

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by capriola-nd, Jun 29, 2010.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I separated Claribelle's kids last night and took a quick pic of her 11-hour udder. Her kids were screaming like crazy so I just took a fast pic on my phone and released the little boogers. :roll: I let them nurse quite a bit and then put her on the stand and she still gave me 1.5 cups of milk (with about a half-empty udder). I didn't strip her out either but left some for the kids. Hate to say it but I'll be happy when her kids are GONE! Ever feel like that? It's fun until they are about a month old and then, not so fun anymore. I feel bad for saying it but it's true. . .

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I totally understand! I get so happy to have them here but by the time they are 4 weeks I am like "is it weaning time yet?" lol

nice looking udder she has there

3. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Looks like she is well attached :) More separation would be good, of course. But capacity is there!

I have never had kids longer then 1 week that I wasn't keeping and then they were on a bottle. But I guess I will see what it's like eventually. I could see how it would be annoying ;)

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Nice and wide! Looks to have great capacity too.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very nice udder...... :thumb: :greengrin: