clarification, please

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by kelebek, Jan 10, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I wanted to get some clarification on a few things before I submit my order with Valley Vet Supply. (THANK YOU for this supplier - I LOVE them!!!)

There is Cydectin cattle pour on, Cydectin sheep drench, and an injectable Cydectin - which one am I supposed to get???

Can Cydectin be used in lactating animals for human consumption or kid consumption?

Di-Methox - can it be given to pregnant animals?

Can Di-Methox be given to lactating animals for human consumption or kid consumption?

Valbezan, I was told, you do not use in pregnant goaties, however, in Valley Vet catalog it says not in the first 45 days of pregnancy - what do you all think?

CMPK - do I get the oral 500ml bottles or the gel???

Anyone know the difference between redcell for horses and dogs except $30.00????? It says the dog one you give 1-2 teaspoons per day....

Thanks all!

2. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I use the Cydectin Sheep Drench and you give it to goats orally at the prescribed dosage (I think it is 1cc per 11lbs.)

When I had to use redcell with the Boers I had, I was told to use the horse redcell... but don't know what the difference between the two is. I will see if I can find you some info on the other...

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Well, that sucks. Typed out all the answers and it said topic didn't exist. :sigh: Here goes again:

Valbazen - I don't risk using it on any pregnant animal.

Di-Methoxx - Wouldn't drink the milk of a doe treated with it (or the Cydectin) - all of our lactating does are given herbal wormer from Fir Meadow. Not sure if it's okay for preggo (the Di-Methoxx that is), but I think so. :shrug:

I have given Di-Methoxx to kids before for cocci prevention, so that is okay.

CMPK - I think either would be okay. Personally, I'd get the gel. Easier to administer.

Cydectin - never used it but I believe you get the injectable and administer it orally to goaties.

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I think the horse red cell is more concentrated than the dog. I've been using Oral X-B, 34 gm instead of red cell. It comes in a tube and is easier to dose.

I wouldn't use valbazen on any pregnant goats, ever.

CMPK- It's up to you, I think they are both the same. You could also get Goats prefer calcium drench.

5. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    hehehehe... well it looks like they have covered it for you :wink:

And I didn't see the question about Valbazen... I agree I wouldn't use it on ANY pregnant Does, just to be on the safe side :greengrin: It you DID want to use Valbazen, I would say use it on your Bucks and on Does that have JUST kidded that way you are 100% positive they aren't bred. Me myself.. I don't keep it because I am scared I will accidentally use it on a pregnant Doe without thinking :roll:

6. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    I use the Cydectin cattle pour on. The sheep drench is much weaker and you use a lot more of it than you would with the pour on. You give the pour on orally. I have no experience with the injectable.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Valbezan and Cyndectin cover the same parasites correct? If that is the case then I won't even purchase it.

Anyone know the withdrawl from milk for these??

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    The CMPK liquid is injectable or for IV use? that would be best as sometimes you cant get a goat to eat and from all I have read the injectable is the best and fastest though the gel does work.

CMPK is better then all other calcium supplements due to the fact that it has other vitamines and such (need to read my bottle to give details) that aid in the body's ability to absorb the calcium. Sometimes it is the other minerals and vitamines that are lacking as apposed to the calcium I read once so I like to have the CMPK on hand due to that.

That said I did have good results with Cal -C - Fresh a couple times :greengrin:

sorry dont have answers for the other stuff

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    They have the CMPK liquid that I believe is injectable or you can give orally and then the gel.....

10. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Valbazen generally is used to kill tapeworms.

Cydectin kills everything but tapes.

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thanks Badnewsboers.

Well, I think that I am going to submit my order then - hehehe! DH is going to kill me!

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I haven't used any of those wormers so I wouldn't know about those, I do have the Calcium drench that also contains the mag and potassium needed...used it once and now just use it after delivery as a preventive. I'm not sure of the Di'Methox but I do know that Decoxx should not be used on milking does if you want to consume the milk.

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    okey. I just am making a book and want to make sure that I am getting all the info needed.....

How much do you give your minis of the calcium?

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I give the 1/2 ounce after they kid and another 1/2 12 hours later...the dose say a full ounce but I figured that was for full size goats.

It helps them keep their calcium levels up and stimulates the appetite.

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    ok - and you use the oral liquid then?? So I should probobly get two bottles at least then.

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have the 8 oz bottle and with 4 does delivering I used half a botle with minis....so you might just want to get 2.