The Goat Spot Forum banner

Cleaning products?

702 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  NigerianDwarfOwner707 
#1 ·
Our ducks and goats are currently sharing the barn at night and as an escape from the weather. My husband is bringing home a load of hay tonight and I want to make sure the barn floor is cleaned well. I've been able to hose and sweep it pretty well but our 4 month goat has had diarrhea today (no worms or anything weird. We just got them Sunday so I'm pretty sure it's from a change of diet)

What would you guys recommend cleaning the cement floor with that would be goat and duck safe?

#3 ·
Any regular household items I could use? Vinegar? Baking soda? Dawn dish soap? He's on his way home now. I know I should've posted this earlier in the day while I had the chance to head to the store.

I found this in our cleaning cabinet. Brand new bottle. I never would've thought to use it on a barn floor lol... Would this be ok to use? I want it to have time to dry before the hay goes in. Under ingredients I wish it said what the "mild cleaners" were.
Liquid Bottle cap Fluid Drink Personal care
Fluid Paint Red Material property Gas

#8 ·
Dawn is most definitely not natural either.

For any serious deep cleaning, I use Thieves Household Cleaner from Young Living.

It is actually named "thieves oil" because in the times of the bubonic plague, thieves used to cover themselves in this formula and then go into sick households and rob them, and they never got ill because it protected them.

This stuff cleans all the nasties 100% Naturally.

We wipe our barn floor down with it regularly (and it works to help keep flies away too).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.