The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lost a good friend today. Little Pygmy doe died after a 5 day battle with listeria. IV's and high powered drug weren't enough to pull her through it and she died this morning.

My next concern is cleaning the stall we had her isolated in so that her friends can get back to the life they are used to, but the last thing I want is for one of them to get sick. He think she got sick eating old, wet hay that had fallen out of the hay feeder and trampled into the mud. We have cleaned all of that up and aren't worried about that anymore. We are now focused on making their nighttime stall clean and safe. The plan is to remove all the straw and hay and burn it. Clean all the poop out too. Should we bleach all the wood and dirt to make sure the listeria is gone or are there other suggestions? Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I really don't know if you should bleach the wood and dirt, but my new philosophy is that I would rather go ahead and do things instead of wishing I had or wondering if it would have made a difference. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your goat and hope the rest stay healthy!

·
Registered
31,500 Posts
Very sorry for your loss.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts