Cleo due today Luna in less than a week - another update

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by kannm, Feb 26, 2011.

1. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
  2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Luna and Cleo due in next 10 days

Coming along nicely....... :thumb: :greengrin:

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

They are looking good. Good luck with the babies.

4. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Luna and Cleo due in next 10 days

We are so excited. I can see where Luna is starting to sink in in her backside. Cleo has a little discharge.

When do we start going out every few hours? When do you start going out? :GAAH:

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Since I have nigies, they tend to go "early" at around 145 days...your girls being standards are more likely to be around 150 days, I keep close watch on udders starting around 140 days, ligs work as indicators when delivery is imminent but my girls are good about filling to extreme greatness hours before they deliver. Once you see definate changes in udders, I'd be checking every hour...with mine, early labor finds them restless and they seem to rather stand than lay down, Binkey stood in her stall all night long this past Monday, hubby was watching her on camera and said she finally layed down around 1 30 Tuesday afternoon...she delivered around 6 that evening.

6. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009

I promised myself I would not get crazy this year. Ha. I broke that promise. Still, not as crazy as last time, at least not as of right this minute.

7. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009

We were sure Cleo was going to have her kids today. Her udder started filling and she sat on the ground and moaned a lot. She was having a lot of contractions. And, she had more discharge.

Tonight, no babies. She does not look very different than she did hours ago and she just ate a bunch of grain. Do you think she may kid tonight or is it unlikely because she ate a bunch and does not look like she is making progress? I don't know. Jason knows how to feel for ligs, I guess he will do that when he gets home.

8. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Re: Cleo due today Luna in less than a week - update

So, going crazy :hair: when will Cleo have her babies. She does not look any different for the past three-four days. Her udder is just a little bigger.

Luna is slowly getting her udder. I think it will be a few days for her.

I am just starting to go crazy.

9. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
  10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I see a little difference in Cleo's udder...not enough though to make me think that she'd be delivering soon. Even if she'd had a 5 day heat while the buck was in with them, she'd still have a few days to hit 150....and a bit longer if she was bred just before the buck was removed. I really hope you don't have all your hair pulled out just yet.

11. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Yeah, I know. Yes, my hair is probably going to be gone by the time she goes. She is having contractions and has lost (or mostly lost) her ligs though. Jason has checked those.