The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goats have always been friendly and let me pet them, but they were never super clingy. The goat that I’m referring to was always tame but wouldn’t follow me around or anything. This afternoon I was doing my rounds and found that she had gotten out of her pen with the other pregnant females. She won’t leave me alone. If I’m sitting out with her, she walks around and starts grazing. As soon as I get up to leave, she cries bloody murder and chases after me.
I’ve never had a goat do this, and she just started doing it out of nowhere. She won’t go back in the pen with the others either. She will walk along the fence as if she wants to go back, but will run away if I try to put her back. Is this common behaviour with mildly tame goats, or is it something else?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is pregnant and could be giving birth any day now. This will be her first baby, so she isn’t showing the typical signs that my others show, so it’s been difficult to tell exactly how soon she will be giving birth. I only know she’s soon because I marked the day she was bred. I’ve been keeping a close eye on her since last night, but nothing yet. Thanks for the reply! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts