clipper advice

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by all1965, Dec 5, 2008.

1. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    I am trying to find the right clippers for my goats. I need a heavy duty set that runs quiet and cool. The problem I have with the ones I have right now is that they get so hot so fast. Any advice on brand and model? Blades? I raise myotonics and want to clip them to about 1 1/2 to 2 inches for the show ring. We dont clip ours to the skin.

2. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    I use the Oster Turbo A5 Two-Speed. They aren't too noisy and the only time I've had problems with them getting a bit hot is in the summer time when the outside temp is up in the 90s. Blade wise I use a 10, 7 and 5 and guards. Most of the time I just use the blades without guards though. The only real downside to the A5 is that its a bit bulky but that's how most of the heavier duty clippers are.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    We use the Premier 4000c with an Xtra cover blade, which leaves about 1/4 inch of the hair, course blades to a crappy job. they are expensive, but they are very well worth it.

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i use laube clippers.. i LOVE them.. so fast and cool and quiet.. you can use oster and andis clipper blades on it too