The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I need to order a comb set today for my kids does. We have a pair of Wahl KM2 clippers. I just need something that will last through the summer, and pick up the better ones later <sick goats + meds + more registration papers to do = I'm broke lol>.

I was thinking about ordering the Andis Universal comb set. In the ad on Amazon it says they can be used with a variety of clippers, including Wahl and the size 10 blade.

I just want to make sure it really would be okay to use on Wahl? Do most clippers fit the same way, therefore I wouldn't have to worry about it being too big or too little/falling off/etc. ?
http://www.amazon.com/Andis-Univers...qid=1370008634&sr=8-13&keywords=wahl+comb+set

I need to order today, I asked on a FB group but don't think anyone has responded. The kids have 2 1/2 weeks until their does first show, so we'd like to try clipping the girls next week.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
All A5 clippers can use those along with any other brand of combs for small animal clippers . I think they will work fine for a season but would worry how they would hold up in the long run . I use the steel combs by wahl... they have different colors for each size. I love mine .... I think they were $36 and were recommended by a great fitter.

·
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dani! I did order this set praying they'd get us through. Next year I plan on ordering the set you have ;)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Ok great! I hope they work for you! I've only used the ones I have. But andis normally has really good, quality products so I wouldn't worry too much.

·
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again Dani! Well, the only bad things I really heard about them is getting tangled in hair, etc. But the kids have been brushing their goats, and everyone has good coats that are easy to get through, so hopefully they'll work out. With every other crazy thing that has gone on or made things complicated, these things better not let me down LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts