Clippers....what to use?????

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by KW Farms, Aug 16, 2008.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :help: Alright guys...so I need a little help deciding on what kind of clippers to buy. I'll be using them on nigerians. What would you recommend? What's their website? I have a Jeffers magazine right now...so if anyone wants to let me know which ones you'd recommend our of there would be awesome or ???

Right now i'm using horse clippers, but they overheat easily and i'd like to just get a reliable, easy to use set.

Thanks in advance everyone!!! :D

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I use two different ones.

First for the body and most of the legs I use a stewart speed master by Oster. Anyone of that variety -- varriable speed that is large

I have the 84au and the 83au blades in it

Then for the legs and face I have the Oster Golden A5 with the 10 blade.

I found mine on ebay for much less then jeffers --- but jeffers is the cheepest for new ones

If you have horse clippers that is what the big clippers are --- if they overheat that means you need to keep them cool while using. What i do is get a small bucket of lamp oil and dunk it in the oil whenever I feel it getting hot. That lubricates/cleans/cools in one easy step. I place it in the oil turn it on for a few seconds and wala it is ready to work again. But yes there are times i have to set it down and let it cool a bit but the lamp oil really helps.

3. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i use the clipmasters on every thing but the face,legs & ears. i use a oster a5 with a 10 blade on them. i also have a pair of the oster pro codless ones that i got from jeffers. i just love them. i take them to the shows with me & i can use my #50 for the udders & 10 for touch up. it comes with 2 batteries so one is charging while you use the other.

4. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Fritzie how many goats can you clip on one battery charge? I've looked at the cordless but never knew anyone who used them. Shelly

5. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    using it just on the legs,face & udders i can do 2 goats on one charge. they are great for taking to the shows because some times you are not near electricity.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Thanks for the replies everyone!!! It helps a bunch! :D

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i use lase laubes. they cost alot but they don't heat up fast and are awesome

8. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Well I have a horse clippers but I reccomend shaving like 6 weeks + before shows or they end up like my market weather.He looked pink the whole week!

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Well, I'm not an expert like most of the people here. :) But I just bought a pair of Wahl Arco SE clippers at Jeffers. I really like these ones and there were two promo deals. I got a free replacement blade (worth $20) and a touch-up trimmer (worth $25) plus free shipping. The clippers were $119.