The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
they sould be good to go for the show. probably only need a good bath, use alcohol to clean their little ear nubs. you definitely need the sign or people will drive you nuts!! i would vaccinate for shipping fever now too. good luck!!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
shipping fever is pnuemonia brought on by stress, being away from home, and travel. just because the health papers arent required doesnt mean you shouldnt take precautions for your babies. i would do the pnuemonia vaccine, and cdt booster(if they havent had one already), at the very least. just for your own peace of mind, try to keep your goats at least one pen away from another farms goats this will limit nose to nose contact in case the other goats are sick. we put a tarp down in the pen and then the bedding. this will keep any diseases like cl that are in the soil from infecting your goats. have fun i know you will. i know everyone on the forum thinks i'm a worry wart, but after i do these few simple things i CAN relax and enjoy the fair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.