The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tips for clipping? I just attempted to clip one of my junior does the other day (not for the show ring but for her website picture). I didn't finish yet but I'm not very good at it. I do a good job on the rear legs and escutcheon but not so good at the body and making it "blend". Any advice?? What type of clippers does everyone use?

I do not have any "fancy" clippers yet (they are so expensive) but when I get them I want what works best for miniature goats. What I have now are the kind just used to clip dogs. It has a full set of blades and attachments. I was using 1/4" for the body and clipping closer on the rear legs. It never gets too hot around here so I don't want to clip them too short.

I'm all for suggestions so please let me know what you do!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Hi Olivia, the first thing is - a guard will not clip smoothly. I HIGHLY recommend the Wahl Switchblade clippers. And a few clipper blades, #10 for bodies and a #40 for udders. I also recommend a #7 for when it is a little chilly out. It may take a day or so for their fur to soften out so you can't see the lines. Practice, Practice, Practice...

Good luck!! :greengrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts