The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a pygmy doe due with a single. Billy went in on the 1st of jan meaning she’s due anytime now, however scanner recons she’ll be the 9th of June.
She’s starting to be a bit unsettled today, constantly rubbing her belly against the gates & not bleating as much (she’s a constant bleater unless she’s getting attention). How long do you recon she’ll be? I still think the scanners estimate is more accurate.
Vertebrate Grass Snout Terrestrial animal Livestock
Primate Vertebrate Orangutan Liver Beard
Bird Beak Grass Terrestrial animal Flightless bird

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
@newtonfarmpygmygoats you must read the book of doe code. You think its now, the scanner says the 9th... momma doe says" i will have the kid just when I see fit to, and when I am good and ready" sadly, goats were created to drive us insane and the present us with the ultimate cuteness to help us forget... that we actually want to sell them...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@newtonfarmpygmygoats you must read the book of doe code. You think its now, the scanner says the 9th... momma doe says" i will have the kid just when I see fit to, and when I am good and ready" sadly, goats were created to drive us insane and the present us with the ultimate cuteness to help us forget... that we actually want to sell them...
Thank you i will do! Haha that’s so so true! She looks like baby has dropped down a lot today, will get updated photos tomorrow so hopefully not too much longer (no doubt she’ll keep me waiting!). I’ll probably keep her kid as she’s one of my favourites from my herd :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah i though the same. I think cos she’s a first timer the udder will fill that day or after she’s kidded. Has got noticeably bigger this week though. Kid has definitely dropped down in the last 24 hours

1 - 20 of 45 Posts