The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rachel
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My adult doe has a cloudy eye. She had an accident and something poked her right next to her eye. That was about 2 weeks ago. We treated it by cleaning the entire eye twice daily and triple antibiotic ointment. It had seemed to have gotten better, but yesterday my teenage daughter noticed the eye had clouded over. No temp and the doe doesn't really seem to care. She is acting her normal self.
What should we do now?

·
Super Moderator
59,755 Posts
I would use something stronger and continue with more antibiotics. She may have developed an ulcer on her eye. If you have a vet, I would have the vet look at it.

·
Registered
31,458 Posts
Look closely at the eye..is there a red bump? this would be an ulcer and triple antibiotic cream will be needed until it cleared up...if not red lump then it may need somehting stringer to clear the pink eye..tyaln 200/LA2oo as an eye drop twice a day, keep the eye area clean and dry
DO NOT USE ANY antibiotic in the eye if it has an ulcer..Neospordin type cream only..

·
Rachel
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I went and picked up some Tylan200 at our feed store. Cleaned out her eye well and then put some in. How long should I do this twice a day? Should I continue the triple antibiotic ointment as well or discontinue?

·
Registered
31,458 Posts
I would do this twice a day..no cream ..but do keep the eay and face area clean and dry...check the eye daily before putting the tylan 200 in to be sure an ulcer has not developed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts