cocci meds and dewormer, which should I get?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Hidden Waters Farm, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Im making an order from Jeffers and I want to get coccidiosis medication and some type of dewormer, I was thinking either Corid or Di-methox powders and Ivomec Plus or? I am getting Valbazen for sure however. Ill be using the Cocci meds as a preventative for the kids born and the dewormer now as some of my goats badly need it so Im getting she shipping rushed.

What Ive got for goats:

2 milking does - we dont consume the milk but we are freezing it for kidding season.
    8 does bred or possibly bred (not past 21 days yet)
    3 breeding bucks
    All weighing from 40 lbs to 200 lbs

Thanks!

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Curious, what is Di-methox powder??

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I use DiMethox for prevention as well as treatment. I have the powder as well as the solution.
    I have only ever used paste wormers so I can't really recommend a wormer...I do know that with Valbazen and Ivomec plus there is a warning against their use on pregnant does.

Laura, DiMethox powder is the same as the liquid, just needs to be mixed in appropriate measure with water.

4. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Yeah I noticed the warnings, I plan to use Ivermectin horse paste on the bred does though. It seems Di-Methox is easyer to figure the dosage for buy you get more for your money with the Corid so Im waitng for a few more posts.

Thanks!

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Laura, Di Methox is a cocci preventative or treatment.

I usually get Di Methox, Corid, and I think there's another one I have stashed away in my tack shed. I just like to have those on hand. I would get at least two different kinds that way if one doesn't work then you already have a back up on hand.

Ivermec Injectable for Cattle/Swine is what I now use quite often, I don't inject it though, just drench it. It seems to work awesome for my herd. It's best to switch between a couple different wormers though. If you can get both that would be awesome.

I love Jeffers.

6. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Im also decided to get my disbudding iron, I just realized I could have kids at any time. Should I get the Rhinehart 30x or 50x? also white tips may I need? Ive got Nigerian and full sized kids coming.