The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Proud goat momma
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doe that's been off for a few days,(buttercup) she is doing better today however she has had clumpy poop for a while now and I found some sulmet liquid finally! So I'm going to treat her. I have her 3 month old daughter and 3 one month old kids. Poops are normal for them but during the day they hang out where Buttercup spends nights. Should I treat them for cocci? Is the treatment for and the preventative the same? Need some help here from you experienced people. I've never treated for cocci...this is my first year having kids and multiple goats. Thanks a ton!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
Don't mean to take over thread just had a quick question with the treatment you give that orally and should u wait if you have used another wormer resently?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,493 Posts
Don't mean to take over thread just had a quick question with the treatment you give that orally and should u wait if you have used another wormer resently?
My vet recommends a day between...just so one doesnt interfier with the other..If its not an emergency..I wait a week between if I can...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
I don't wait. If you need to do it, go ahead.
I am not sure if that is what is going on and my vet has been very hard to get a hold of but couple of my goats have pudding like poo and 1 buckling with water poo we have done 3 rounds of wormer and still have the nasty poo no other symptoms of anything it has been raining for almost 2 weeks here so I figured it wouldn't hurt to rule that out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,261 Posts
Rain is definitely a factor in developing coccidia....I would go ahead and treat
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top