Cocci treatment sanity check

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by dkizerian, Apr 8, 2013.

1. dkizerian

dkizerian New Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Tooele Utah
    Our three 6-7 week old boys all started having dark, very watery scours over the past 12 hours. Last night we gave them all a dose of Di-methox, but I don't think I gave enough as more reading this morning points to me finding bad info...

Last night they each got about 2.5ml of di-methox 12.5%. they're each between 8-11 lbs.
    in reading today it sounds like they should each have gotten a little over 6ml, and 6ml each night for 5 nights. Does this sound right?

We gave them electros last night and this morning instead of milk, should they only get electros for another day or two as they recover?

Are we ok to give a scour medicine, or is it better to let them purge their system for a few days?

Should we also administer CD anti, and B vitamins tonight?

Once the treatment is done in 5 days, some probios is in order for each of them, anything else they'll need then too?

Thanks again, this site is great!
  2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

You give 1cc per 5 lbs the first day and then 1cc per 10 lbs days 2-5.

You can give them a shot of B complex and some Probios won't hurt. I would keep doing the electrolytes for today.

3. LonesomeDoveRanch

LonesomeDoveRanch LD Ranch

Sep 20, 2012
    My vet had my 10 lb bottle baby on Di-Methox, 6cc the first day and 3cc the rest of the 6 days. We had the same problem last week with our doeling.
  4. Goatgirl21

Goatgirl21 New Member

Jan 25, 2013
    I thought my kid had cocci so I started him in sulmet. I completly forgot to dose him one day after giving it 3 days in a row. Should I start over?its been a couple days now
  5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    just continue dosing him as you normally would but treat today as if it is day 2 and continue for 4 days