Coccidia -- Just one more post, I swear....

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by citylights, Oct 23, 2010.

1. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Okey-dokey, then. I bought Baycox some time back to treat cocci in my goats -- I had one little doeling who didn't seem to respond -- she still looked big-bellied and unthrifty. So I sent in a fecal on her AFTER she had been treated with the baycox and it came back 3+. (this was before Stacey posted the new dosage on baycox)

So I went to my small animal vet and got liquid Albon (the stuff they use for puppies) and treated her for 5 days according to his directions. Sent in another fecal, and it came back :Zero, Zippo, Nada! Yippee.

I'm not saying the baycox isn't working...I was definitely underdosing, but it's good to know that our old stand-by Albon, when dosed for 5 days, DOES work!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats great to hear Denise. :) always like to see the goaties healthy

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That is awesome to hear!!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    :cool: :leap: That's great.... I know I was concerned about kidding season since it's been so wet this year. I planned most of my kiddings for the COLD season just to cut back on the risk to the young ins.... I'm glad that Albon is still a good one out here. I purchased Baycox last year and worked well for us though too. :)