Coccidia Medications..

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by myfavgoats, Sep 8, 2009.

1. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I thought well I will post this.. I already talked to my vet.. It is all good..

The coccidia medication is very different and it is VERY similar to baycox..

The bottle cost 42.00. And you only give 1 dose per goat one time every 21 days. They DO work! I love that stuff.. My vet said that they will make more stuff for anybody that want to buy or order.. They will ship it over for low shipping fees. I am not sure how much.. They said that if you want to order it and please call a week or two week ahead so they can make more stuff plus they said that we have to pay first and ahead so they can make sure they have enuff money down to make the stuff and ship it out.. If you want to buy the goat aid. That is name of the coccidia medications is Goat Aid-C.. Please PM me and I will give you the phone numbers. Thanks..

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Holly and I spoke about this last night and from my limited research it is believed to be the same basic idea of medication for coccidia as Baycox is though it isnt the same active ingredient.

This is a good price believe me - I paid 75-80.oo including shipping for 200mls (aprox 8oz).

3. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I wanted to let you know. I got a call from the vet's office.. He said the coccidia medication is READY to go. He will ship them for you if you want them.. It is 42.00 and the shipping is not expensive at all.. His number is 573 883 2758.. The name of the vet is Dr. Fallert. The office is open is on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday is 8 am thru to 5 pm. On Monday and Wed is 8 am thru 7 pm. Saturdays 8 am thru 12 pm. Thank you so much.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats great Holly -- to bad I already have the Baycox or I would order some of this.

5. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Hey Stacey, did you use the Baycox this year? Could you share your results if you did, as in how the fecals looked?

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sorry never did fecals -- have to drive to far to the one vet who will do them and not real cost effective atm

in the past I have had to treat kids more then once for cocci with either Sulmet or Corid and of course for the 5 days. And last year I even lost a kid because treatment didnt work.

This year all kids who showed signs at or around 2 weeks old (after having cocci in great numbers in years past I know it when I smell it, I never go by color of poo but by smell) received one dose of Baycox and then another 2 weeks later.

All kids grew great, even the quads. When Sweet Pea started to decline in heath I did a fecal and she had cocci. I gave her one dose and thats all she needed -- never did a follow up because I saw improvement and thats all the proof I need.

Received a kid buck in a raffle -- he was skinny when I got him -- gave him 1 dose of baycox and within 2 weeks he was doing real good and the pictures show it. He is loosing a bit of weight again so I am going to give him another dose (which he is due for -- maybe I will doe a fecal before and after, if i get a chance, I dot know if I will with school and all)

7. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I have done the fecal my self. I SEE a big different with this goat aid. They do work. And I have been using for almost 2 years. First year the direction said to give at birth and repeat 21 days old and that is all. I tried that it didnt work out. Because they should been recieving every 19 to 21 days on time until they turn 6 months to 1 year old and I stopped and they were growing and doing so well. It really does work. I did the fecal that I thought the baby have coccidia. And the baby did have it then I gave the goat aid and next few days and I recheck and you see NOTHING! I mean it knocks the coccidia OUT fast! They do work. As long you give one dose every 19 to 21 days. They are wonderful and it is easier for me to use it because I always forget if I have do the sulmet or corid since you have to give once a day for 5 days. Its too much for me.. I really like the goat aid.. They are very similar to Baycox..

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    How long does the bottle last - or better - how much to a dose for say a standard size Nigerian?

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have only used 1/8th of a 8ounce bottle. I you give baycox at a rate of 1cc per 15lbs I believe what Holly said she does is 1cc per 12lbs

Kids get 1cc even if they are less then 15lbs

10. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Sorry Stacey, I just got a microscope, so I'm a goat berry gathering fiend right now, lol. If you come to my house, you can find me following goats around with a dixie cup, lol.

This is really interesting! Thanks for sharing your results, both what your seeing visually with your goats and via fecal. I'm with myfavgoats, I like the idea of a 1 day treatment, it would sure simplify life. I would love to get some of this, and can I request that the contact info be made into a sticky, or this thread be made a sticky?

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sure I can make this a sticky in goat sense 101 :)

I LOVE a one time treatment!! plus the baycox is flavored :thumb:

I have a microscope -- but I am not good with it yet so I dont trust myself. Need to get a fecal done before winter

12. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Goat Aid is 1 cc per 12 lbs.. I always give 1 cc when they were newborn but when they get bigger and I upped the goat aid or it wont work. It is soo easy to use. And also the goat aid didnt make my goats go gross out! They drink it up! LOL.. They are weird.. I even used the goat aid for adults and it is very safe while the goats are pregnant. BUT if you are milking the goats and it is a withdrawal for 1 week if you have to use it.. It is not a big deal..

13. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Bump! I wanted to let you know that the vet only have 4 bottles left. It looks like people been buying them. That is good!