The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Oh the pic works here. Especially when the kid is that cute!

I’m glad you asked this. It’s something I’ve been wondering about myself as this fall will be my first breeding season and when I got my little does last year, they struggled with coccidiosis.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
My goats love raw garlic, so I guess I got lucky there. I did have to help my does learn to love it when they were little but both bucks liked it immediately. It’s the only thing in my bag of tricks the new little buckling I brought home Saturday likes. He won’t eat chewable vit c tablets, which my other goats think are candy, he won’t eat LOH herbs (even on an animal cracker with molasses), he won’t take the diluted essential oils no matter how I offer it, and he refuses cinnamon and clove and all the other things I feed for prevention. But he loves the garlic. So it’s a start. I chop it up, practically mince it for them at first, then it goes to just cut up slices or pieces. I’m still working on the rest. As a side note, I noticed when I started feeding it to my does a year ago, they stopped getting ticks. And we are in bad tick country. My chickens and turkeys love when I crush raw garlic for them and put in their food as a treat. So I haven’t yet had to shove it down a throat and don’t know that I would. I’m just happy my crew likes it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts