The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my kids are still fighting they have definitely improved since I began the sulmet on sunday. Today should have been their last day of sulmet. However, they aren't back to 100% They still have poo that is about like toothpaste maybe a bit thicker. Do I go ahead and discontinue the sulmet or continue for a couple more days? I discontinued pepto two days ago when they got to the paste like point because I didn't want to plug them up, they are still getting electrolyte. The cream colored buckling still seems more depressed than the other two also. The other two seem pretty much back to normal activity and spirits wise. The cream colored buckling isn't himself at all. He has finally gotten up and moving but you can tell her just isn't the same.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I would say as long as they got the full treatment you should be ok to stop it.sounds like thinks are improving,if they continue with the runs you should have a fecal done if able and see what is going on,may have to do a different tx approach,good luck

·
Administrator
84,807 Posts
If the cocci treatment was given at the correct dosage, the actual dosage and days of treatment should be good.
You can always get a fecal about 2 weeks later, to ensure they are gone.

Their Rumens may be off now, from the treatment, give them probiotics for 3 days and a fortified vit B complex shot

Also, what are you feeding them? Stop all grain.
Grazing time if any, should be limited.

If you are feeding a hot hay add just a little bit of oat hay or split it, give a small amount of oat hay or equivalent in the morning and Alfalfa or whatever you are feeding them in the evening.

·
Registered
10,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stopped grain at the beginning. I havent given probiotics though I will try that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.