Coco did it, we had babies!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by dragonfly farms, Mar 2, 2009.

1. dragonfly farms

dragonfly farms New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Pfafftown, NC
    after being paranoid for the past few months coco finally had her babies! We moved her into the basement last night after i noticed a prolapse while she was laying down. We decided to keep her in the basement after the snow storm we had last night. I went down to sit with her and see how she was doing. She laid down and started pushing. I called DH said it was time and he came down (we both had a snow day today) He calmed her while I got to deal with the messy end!

Her first kid presented with one leg forward so i tried to pull out the other leg and he fell onto the floor. A few minutes later the second kid presented, bot legs forward and she got him out on her own. We cleaned them up, determined they were both boys and got them feeding.

I noticed that Kid #2 would be standing then would go limp. I would touch him and he would jump up. A few minutes later it was the same story. I had DH on the computer looking things up. We determined he was just too chilly and with a heating pad and some warm goat punch he seemed better. We determined that he would be fine after 20 min of him acting like a normal baby. (thank goodness, it was scary, especially since i had no clue what was wrong)

Coco has passed her afterbirth, but is still bleeding. She has a string of blood hanging out of her that is dripping. I know there should be blood, but i dont remember this happening. Is this normal, is there something I should do?

Well here are the pictures of the babies, hard to tell them apart in the pictures. One looks to be dark chocolate in color (just like his mommy) and the other looks to be black (just like his aunt!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    good going Coco!! Congratulations! :leap: :boy: :boy:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yay!!! :leap: Way to go Coco!!! Those kids are just darling! :love:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sometimes they do drip blood like that....but not for very long .....

after she dropped her afterbirth...did the bleeding stop? If not.. she may be hemoraging..and a vet needs to be called..immediately..

they are adorable... :love:

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    The blood dripping is normal. That happened with Boot's after we had to pull pretty hard to get her kid out. She healed up fine with no complications. I can send you a pic of it if you want.. but it's kinda gory. lol

Congrats on the kids! :stars:

6. dragonfly farms

Oct 4, 2008
    Pfafftown, NC
    The string of bleeding was happening right after the afterbirth. It has dropped off as well, and it looks like a part of the afterbirth that came off. She seems to be okay now.

If you could that would be great. Pretty used to the gory photos. It would also make me feel better.

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ok give me a second to find and upload it. Then I will pm it to you. But from what you explained she sounds fine. :wink:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Great job Coco!!! Those boys are just adorable! Sounds pretty normal to me, as far as the streaming goo after the birth.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

9. dragonfly farms

Oct 4, 2008
    Pfafftown, NC
    It looks normal to me, now that i am more relaxed and DH isn't so frantic (it was his first birth) So he was reading a book while she was starting labor to try and keep himself calm (so cute!) Every 5 min he would day "should we call the vet, whats taking so long, is she okay"

It really just looks like the amber goo tinted red. But man is she stretched out! Poor baby!

10. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Congratulations on the beautiful new baby boys.

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If the bleeding has stopped ...then she should be OK... :hug:

I was just a little concerned about the bleeding part...sometimes they can bleed (hemerage)(sp) from tears inside ....there is a difference in draining goo ...and seeing.. actual bleeding (a steady stream of blood).......it is scary.. :shocked: ....it can be very serious and life threatening...if an actual steady dripping of blood doesn't stop .....contact a vet immediately..... :hug:

12. dragonfly farms

Oct 4, 2008
    Pfafftown, NC
    I think we were so nervous that it looked like streaming blood (and the light was off) But when we took a minute to breathe, realized it was goo tinted red. ::whoo:: thank goodness.

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :hug: congrats on the beautiful kids... :greengrin:

14. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Don't we just love :love: her DH? He sounds like a keeper! Men are soooo funny...mine is usually a rock in a crisis...but when birthing starts he's "outa there"!

15. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Congrats! They're too cute! :cool:

16. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Such sweeties, good job!

17. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
  18. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    They are so sweet!!!! Congrats on them!! :leap:

19. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW we are having the most adorable babies on her this year. Congratulation.