coco finally had her babies!

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by dragonfly farms, May 30, 2010.

1. dragonfly farms

dragonfly farms New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Pfafftown, NC
    Well i went out this morning and told hubby that Coco would have her babies today! She had them around 11:30 this morning! She had a little black and white boy and then a chocolate girl!

She did such a great job, I am so proud of her. Mom and babies are doing great. they are enjoying the sunshine out in the yard with us!

Need to work on names next! I am thinking of keeping the boy, but I need to convince hubby of that.

****the doeling is not doing well. Started last night. She is zoning, not really walking. Was suckling yesterday and last night, today, i have not seen her on mom yet. She has pooped ALOT (was black now its black and yellow/brown). I got some milk to supplement her with a bottle, but have seen no real change. This morning when I looked in her mouth she was pale, cold and very dry mouthed.
    Any ideas would be great!********

****she is doing much better this evening! Her mouth is warm and pink and she is attaching to mom wonderfully!***

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Re: Coco did it, we had babies!

Congrats!

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

:clap: Congratulations!!! The little family looks quite content!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

So cute....congrats.... :thumb: :love:

5. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon

Awesome! Isn't it convincing the husband that is always the hardest? Lol. One of my does just had twins. I plan to keep at least one, but haven't told him that yet. He thinks I'm selling both. I did agree to sell my last grade doe, that I was going to keep, because he was whining our goat population was getting too high...that and I convinced him to sell his project truck that has been sitting without being touched a year straight. So he already feels like he has to give stuff up and I don't or something. If only they pooed gold pellets, our husbands would love us to have a zillion! I love the chocolate color BTW. So adorable.