The Goat Spot Forum banner

101 - 120 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Driving me mad crazy. Ligaments have seemed to return. She's been munching all afternoon. There was a bit more stringy discharge a little bit ago, but here lately, that isn't abnormal either. She's literally got me thinking Im going crazy.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME. And I'm so tired! I'm like "are they actually even pregnant? Maybe I am just a dope."

Day 145/146 here. Hugging you remotely!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME. And I'm so tired! I'm like "are they actually even pregnant? Maybe I am just a dope."

Day 145/146 here. Hugging you remotely!
Sending virtual hugs to you as well. They won't be pregnant forever.... even if we lose our sanity in the process.

My husband gave me a scare at like 4am this morning. Woke me up saying Coco is laying funny and it looks like something small moved on the camera. I was up and outta that bed so fast lol. Needless to say, false alarm

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
How is it going with Coco this evening? Hope things are ok!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
How is it going with Coco this evening? Hope things are ok!
Nothing has happened. Still pregnant. She's had some "bloody show" for a couple of days. Yesterday she had ligaments, as of 8:15am this morning, they were totally gone and she's complete mush back there. Udder seems a bit fuller this morning, but her teats still aren't triangle shaped. Her appetite is on point. She's working on her breakfast now.
Today is day 147 from first witnessed breeding. At this point I dont know what to think. I dont actually know her breed makeup for 100% certainty, so maybe estimating 145 days wasnt the right call. Either way, I'm just a nervous Nelly. I haven't seen any other signs of active labor so I dont know that I really need to worry, but I just can't help it. I'm attaching goo and vulva shot from yesterday morning. Kinda looked similar this morning.
20210306_082716.jpg

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Does she get exercise? Can you put a cinder block or something for her to put her front feet on, so she can work on getting the kids in position?
I don't know the answer if you should be worried, I only had two kiddings myself.
I am hoping someone else will have better advice.
@GoofyGoat @SalteyLove @happybleats

·
Registered
30,124 Posts
I'm on day 150 with my FF nigerian..I understand the frustration. As long as my girls act fine I don't panic.
Not sure what's up with the slight blood show you talked about but give mom some time.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Does she get exercise? Can you put a cinder block or something for her to put her front feet on, so she can work on getting the kids in position?
I don't know the answer if you should be worried, I only had two kiddings myself.
I am hoping someone else will have better advice.
@GoofyGoat @SalteyLove @happybleats
She has a decent sized pen. She's often walking around. There is a platform, milk crate, cinder block, and wall that I've seen her put her front feet up on.

She honestly doesnt act like she's in distress. Still eating, still chewing cud. Her ligaments are still gone which gives me hope that we're closer to active labor. They've been coming and going for a few days though.

I keep watching for tail arching, a floppy and hooked tail, triangle teats, head pushing, pawing, yawning... anything to tell me something is changing and we're moving along. Her udder is so big though. It's hard to get a photo showing its size.
20210307_083705(0).jpg
20210307_090313.jpg

·
Registered
30,124 Posts
Yahooo

101 - 120 of 226 Posts