The Goat Spot Forum banner

141 - 160 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Is it normal for a new mama to not have very much spunk? She did eat this morning, but she's kinda just standing in the corner chewing her cud. Babies are nearby

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
My May was tired after kidding too.
You can give Vit. B complex and probiotics. Take her temp if you are worried.
Some people deworm them the day after kidding, since the stress can cause a worm bloom.
Hopefully Goofygoat will chime in too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Zeppy is acting REALLY FREAKING WEIRD this morning. I'm not sure if she's trying to labor or if something else is going on.

She did drink the molasses water that was meant for Cocoa. She had some yesterday and some this morning. Could that upset her tummy?

This was her lady bits a bit ago too. Normally her discharge is a whitish color. I'm trying not to worry, but worry is what I seem to do
20210308_092525.jpg

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
What was her freakish behaviour?
If the molasses upset her rumen, she might do things like not chew cud, have her head down and do nothing, stand in a corner etc.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
My May was tired after kidding too.
You can give Vit. B complex and probiotics. Take her temp if you are worried.
Some people deworm them the day after kidding, since the stress can cause a worm bloom.
Hopefully Goofygoat will chime in too.
I did start Molly's Herbal #1 this morning in her breakfast. That usually all I use, but I can get something else if I absolutely need to.
Vit B injection or oral? I have Vitamin A, D, E, & B12 paste as well as the injectable B-complex, and have probiotic paste as well

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
What was her freakish behaviour?
If the molasses upset her rumen, she might do things like not chew cud, have her head down and do nothing, stand in a corner etc.
She's still cud chewing and I still hear rumen sounds. She was just kinda rolling around. She's been pawing. She was bumping her head on the wall under the hay rack. She really had me spooked for a minute. She's kinda chilling now, but I'm still a bit uneasy just because she doesnt look much like Cocoa did before delivery. She does look a bit like babies have dropped though

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I did start Molly's Herbal #1 this morning in her breakfast. That usually all I use, but I can get something else if I absolutely need to.
Vit B injection or oral? I have Vitamin A, D, E, & B12 paste as well as the injectable B-complex, and have probiotic paste as well
Herbal is all I did with May too.
B-complex injectable for the adult (6ml per 100 pounds, sq), oral for the kids, if you have not given it to them yet.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
She's still cud chewing and I still hear rumen sounds. She was just kinda rolling around. She's been pawing. She was bumping her head on the wall under the hay rack. She really had me spooked for a minute. She's kinda chilling now, but I'm still a bit uneasy just because she doesnt look much like Cocoa did before delivery. She does look a bit like babies have dropped though
Pawing, head bumping ... it sounds like Zeppy is going into pre-labor. What does her udder look like?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Zeppy still has ligaments. She's chilled out a bit, and no more goop at this point. Vulva doesn't really look any different. She's definitely big and miserable and sounds like she's snoring anytime she lays down. She could be day 145 as early as Friday. I kinda hope that's the case so that she isnt miserable too much longer.

You can tell she's uncomfortable anytime the babies get moving around. She's literally like scrunched up in pain on the right when they're moving so she just needs to have them sooner rather than later. But NOT Wednesday morning/afternoon because that's my Grandpa's funeral.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Ok, maybe that's why she was rolling then, the kids were making her uncomfortable...?
My Condolences to you about your grandpa. :hug:
Thank you. He passed away Saturday morning. Kids born Sunday afternoon. Definitely gave us a happy distraction. She was kinda half rolling to her back, so I was guessing itching, or more than likely trying to move the kids around.

Sometimes she will squirt urine when her side bulges and she "scrunches" up. Makes me think that there's a bunch of pressure with the kids.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I’m so sorry to hear about your grandfather. ((HUG))

Cocoa is a FF? You might want to give her a dose of banamine if you’re sure she’s dropped her placenta and her temp is within normal limits (101.5-103.5) birth is traumatic and she’s sore.
Yes, the uterus will contract for a day or two but it’s normal. It’s just returning to its original size and cramp like a woman’s monthly cycle.
She’ll perk up when she’s more comfortable. Make sure the kids are nursing on both sides and not favoring one side.
About Zeppy, yes, you’re on baby watch... she’s At the hardest part of the pregnancy, if the kids dropped they might be sitting on a nerve and putting pressure on The kidneys and bladder. Try not to let her roll on her back it can twist the uterus and that can really complicate things. Give her cinder blocks to stretch on and encourage walking around instead.
Hang in there, you’re doing good!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
She is acting a bit more "spunky" up moving around, walking around. It seems to happen around nursing time, so I wonder if it is the uterus shrinking. There hasn't been any other parts hanging. I don't really want to go in and check unless absolutely necessary. I haven't checked her temp, but if I don't tonight because baby watch, then I will in the morning, unless were' smack in the middle of kidding.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
You don’t need to go in and physically check her. But if she’s “off” check her temp. She’s more than likely just sore.

Zeppy is on day 141 (Approx) so she can go in the next few days if I wasn’t clear earlier sorry. I don’t think she’s going tonight but I’ve been wrong before ;) good luck!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
You don't need to go in and physically check her. But if she's "off" check her temp. She's more than likely just sore.

Zeppy is on day 141 (Approx) so she can go in the next few days if I wasn't clear earlier sorry. I don't think she's going tonight but I've been wrong before ;) good luck!
Checked Cocoa's temp this morning. 102.1. She is eating, drinking, pooping, and peeing normally, so I'm like you and think she's just sore.

I have Zeppy down for day 145 as early as 3/13/21. Could be 3/12/21 though. I found a dried goopy tail on the morning of 10/19/2020 so that's what I was going off of. As of lunch time today, she has developed a bit more udder. Her's hasn't been as remarkable as Cocoa's. She's a bit furrier than Cocoa underneath though so it's a bit harder to see hers. She's also shorter so the vantage point isn't as good. Lots of dishcharge. More yellowish than white today. Still has some ligaments though. They've moved "down" or loosened or whatever, but they're still kinda firm. There was some yawning last night so I had kinda hoped to see something overnight or this morning, but she's still holding out hostages.

141 - 160 of 229 Posts